16

A/N
Some of you have probably realized there's a lot of chapters missing, even though I said I wasn't taking them down while I edited.

Well I recently found all the unedited chapters posted somewhere else, so I took them down for my own peace of mind. Because once they've been edited, the old version isn't supposed to exist anymore.

Seeing something I wrote that I thought I deleted forever felt pretty crappy, so yeah.
Sorry if I confused anyone; they'll be back once they've been edited.

New uploads start after chapter 40 has been posted. 🖤

I came over here to get away from my problems

Now here I am, adding problems to my ever-growing list of problems.

"It's always the same shit over here every time," Jesse piped up when the guys walked out the back door.

"The guys always go out to their beloved shed, get high, and tell the same remember when stories over and over. It's getting boring, so thanks for switchin' things up!"

"I'm glad my misfortune amuses you," I pouted.

"I wouldn't call two cute guys butting heads for your attention misfortune," she laughed, brushing her strawberry blonde hair behind her ear before pursing her lips. "I would go for Jake if I were you, though — Noah's nice, but kind of a man whore from what I've heard."

"His name is Jackson," I corrected her with a laugh.

"Wait, seriously? I swear he responded to Jake earlier," Jesse said in a confused tone, making me laugh a little harder.

"Yeah, that sounds like him — confusing as hell," I nodded. "But I do know he doesn't want my attention, and I don't want Noah's."

"Well, it looks like you have Jackson's attention," she wiggled her finger at me. "You have him wrapped around your little finger, and I don't think he even knows it."

Little finger?

I looked at her hand, then discreetly glanced at my own.

Is mine smaller than hers?

Jesse was a pretty petite girl. If it wasn't for her height and hips, she'd probably be able to shop in the children's clothing section.

I cleared my throat after a short mental happy dance.

"It's not like that," I snorted, shaking my head. "We used to be friends, but we aren't anymore. We're just...stuck in each other's lives, and not because we wanna be."

"Dude, open your eyes," Jesse raised her voice slightly, shaking her hands in front of her in mock frustration. "I've only seen you two together twice, and even I can see it!"