31

I glared at the rays of light that were starting to seep through my sheer curtains

Any time I closed my eyes, the girl from my nightmare gave me that chilling smile — or that fucked up girl from the movie was crawling toward me.

Eventually I gave up trying to sleep, which I was regretting now because it felt like someone had replaced my eyelids with sandpaper.

I narrowed my eyes and blew at the dust I could see in the ray above my face, making it swirl and dance away, but more quickly took its place.

For some reason, my blood boiled at the audacity of those stupid dust particles, and I sporadically waved my hands above me, trying to get rid of them.

Realizing it was no use, I huffed and sat up in bed, yanking my phone off the charger.

7:06am

Fuck. This is gonna be a long day.

I went to the bathroom to take a shower, hoping for it to make me feel at least somewhat human.

After rinsing the shampoo out of my hair, I reached for my conditioner bottle, but frowned when only a tiny dot came out of it.

That son of a bitch has been using my conditioner.

I hastily finished up and started drying off. But then my head started spinning, so I stopped and sat down on the floor.

I need to start taking colder showers.

Once my head cleared, I stood up slowly and pulled on my long sleeve shirt and pajama shorts.

Maybe it was the sleep deprivation taking control, but instead of going to my room, I turned to the door leading to the conditioner stealer's room.

Despite his don't wake me comment last night, I busted through the door with a scowl on my face.

That's when I realized the predicament I'd put myself in, and the anger slowly started to fade.

I took shorts to the bathroom because I liked how my freshly shaved legs felt against my bed sheets — which I was planning to go straight back to after my shower.

I never wore shorts outside of my room.

Not to mention, I probably looked like a wet dog with my dripping hair that I hadn't brushed yet.

And the fan was on full blast.

My eyes landed on Jackson's squinting ones as he propped himself up on his elbows.

The predicament got even bigger when his covers shifted with the movement, revealing his bare shoulders.

Hugging my arms around me, I quickly looked away and glanced around the room, trying to focus on why I came in here in the first place.