32

Shoot to Thrill by AC/DC was blasting from my record player, while I laid on the floor next to it with my arms covering my face

I couldn't help but think it was written for Jackson and I — 'cause he's the one who's gonna make me burn. Or I'm the one who's gonna make him burn. I hadn't quite figured out which yet.

"Who died?"

Me. I'm in hell.

I got up and turned the music down before facing Kallie in the doorway. Her eyebrows were reaching for her hairline as she watched me with her arms crossed, but a joyful smile still played on her lips.

"How was your date?" I asked as she closed the door, trying to take the focus off myself. By the squeal that escaped her, I assumed it worked.

"It was ah-mazing!" She gushed as she flopped down on my bed, and I slowly made my way over to sit next to her.

"I was scared it was going to be awkward, but we talked and laughed nonstop. I even made him spew his milkshake at one point. It was hilarious. The lady in the booth in front of us didn't think so, though — she was such a Karen," Kallie rolled her eyes and I forced out a laugh.

"After the manager asked us to leave because we were 'disturbing the other guests', we went roller skating. Roller skating," she emphasized, smacking the mattress as she leaned closer to me.

"I haven't done that in forever, but I put on those skates, and it was like I never stopped. I can't say the same for Elliott, though," she laughed as she pulled out her phone, handing it to me.

Kallie's high pitched giggles could be heard over the loud music playing, making the camera shake slightly as it followed a wobbly Elliott.

But her laughter halted when he started flailing his arms, trying to stop before he collided with an equally wobbly little boy.

Neither of them were able to stop in time, and I heard Kallie mumble 'oh shit' as they fell to the floor in a tangled mess before the video ended abruptly.

"Oh my God! Was the kid okay?" I asked between fits of laughter.

"He was fine," she waved a hand dismissively. "Gave El a good scolding and everything. The mom was laughing harder than I was!"

"You're gonna have to send me that video," I said, still laughing as I handed her phone back to her.

"Now, are you going to tell me why you're in here sulking?" She asked as she pocketed her phone. "Or do I need to go ask the other sulking idiot?"

He's sulking?

Of course he is. I basically told him he's killing me.

"He tried to feed me like a child," I pouted and crossed my arms — like a child.