9

My Sun: BITCH

My Sun: BITCH

My Sun: I'm coming over

Me: BITCH. I'm grounded

My Sun: where are your parents?

Me: ...working

My Sun: exactly. Be there in 5

I grunted as I tried to escape the blanket burrito I'd been in for the past few hours.

The music ended a while ago, but my body felt heavier the more I calmed down, so I stayed in place.

It felt like my mind was asleep while I laid awake in the silence — until Elliott and Jackson got home an hour or two ago.

Thankfully, they stayed downstairs; the sounds of explosions, Elliott's yelling, and Jackson's laughter filled the house.

Jackson was obviously back to his normal self; acting like nothing ever happened.

They must've switched to a board game at some point, because Elliott's yelling was followed by small pieces scattering across the floor not too long ago.

After a trip to the bathroom, and carefully putting my record back in its sleeve, I heard the front door close, followed by Kallie's voice.

Elliott said something before Kallie laughed, making her way up the stairs.

"I don't think your brother knows how to play Monopoly — there's houses everywhere downstairs," she giggled as she walked in, coming to sit on the bed with me.

"He's just a sore loser," I snorted, trying to pull myself out of the funk I was in.

"Whatever, it doesn't matter — I can't hold this in any longer," she blurted out quickly, shaking her hands out in front of her. Then she smacked her thighs as she leaned closer to me, grinning ear to ear. "We're going to a college party Friday!"

I winced at the sudden increase of volume of her voice, pulling my head back.

"A what? Did you forget I'm grounded? How do you know about this party?"

I'd never been to a party before — I'd never really been interested in them.

Well, the main reason I wasn't interested in them was probably because I never knew about any of them.

But considering my ability to embarrass the shit out of myself — with and without the help of alcohol — I was probably better off sticking to the party of two in Kallie's room.

"Elliott invited us!" Kallie rolled her eyes and pushed my shoulder. "We gotta figure out costumes!"

Elliott invited us to a college party?