41

I've never wanted to murder an inanimate object more than I did when my phone started screaming at me in the morning

But I knew I had to get up, if I wanted to have time to wash the smell of smoke out of my hair before school.

After I finished my enchiladas, and Jackson finished his PBJ&D sandwich, we stayed up and watched The Wizard of Oz.

It was the first movie we watched together without Elliott — after he pulled one of his stupid pranks on me, then hid at a friend's house.

But this time, I worked up the courage to kiss him at the end of the movie like I wanted to back then.

And it was somehow even more mind blowing than the first.

Even when the tingling on my lips faded, the cologne on his sweatshirt I took made it difficult to stop reliving it.

Then my alarm went off, and I was forced back to reality.

I had to face Elliott at some point today, and I still had no fucking clue what to say.

But when I looked in the bathroom mirror and touched my fingertips to my lips, I let out a quiet laugh.

Jackson kissed me.

I couldn't think about anything else — until I opened the shower curtain and screamed.

Leaning against the shower wall was a cardboard cutout of that bitch from The Ring.

I'm gonna fucking kill my brother.

Where the hell did he even find that?

I was scowling at the shower when Jackson busted through the door — wearing only basketball shorts and socks.

His eyes landed on me first, then the dark figure in the shower.

"Holy shit," he laughed, lacing his hands together on top of his head, and my eyes fell to his bare chest.

Yeah, holy shit.

"Sounded like you were gettin' murdered in here or somethin'."

I put a hand on my hip in mock offense and gestured to him. "And you came empty handed?"

And freaking shirtless.

I'd seen him shirtless before, but after kissing him, all I could think about was taking my turn in running my hands all over him.

But I wasn't sure if I was allowed to do that, or if last night was a one time thing.

"I don't need anything to watch," he said with a teasing smirk, lifting his brows swiftly as he walked toward me.

I scoffed and pushed him in the chest, but he quickly gripped my wrist and pulled me closer, making me pull in a sharp breath.

Okay, maybe not a one time thing.