I.

CHAPTER ONE.
crown on the ground, by sleigh bells.

   Alfea's school steps looked daunting to Malvolia as her car pulls up to the front

Alfea's school steps looked daunting to Malvolia as her car pulls up to the front. The young girl never was a fan of the school and she was happy going to it only just to visit her father or brother. Dread fills her stomach as the realization sinks in that this exact place is going to be her home for the next couple of years. While the school exuberates a beacon of safety for so many fairies and specialist, Malvolia can't help but feel like the school was a shackling form of torture for her. Walls filled with teachers that were explicit with their distaste for her, almost as if they knew something she didnt.

Malvolia knew she should be used to the constant burden of being who she is, however, it didn't make it any less exhausting. All the whispers and secret when people thought she wasn't paying attention. A sigh escapes Malvolia's mouth before she digs into her bag and pulls out a ziploc baggie. She opens it and gently takes out a chunk of brownie, discreetly throwing it into her mouth. The car stops in front of the school and her door opens before she could even swallow her brownie.

"Excited for your first day?" Silva sticks his head through the door and asks in a mock happy tone.

"Yes, excited as ever. Can't wait to be in a school full of people who don't like me and know I don't belong," Mal smiles sarcastically. "Where's brother dearest?"

"He's already inside, you know how he is," Silva informs her as he pulls her case from the trunk.

"Ever the brown noser? Yeah, I'm fully aware," Mal mumbles, pulling her purse strap up her shoulder.

"I won't be able to take you to your suite, but you know the school enough so you should be fine, yeah?"

"First day of school and you're not going to walk me to my room like a doting father should?"

"You'll be fine," Silva comforts with a smile before he kisses his daughter on the head.

"Lets hope so," Mal replies with a forced smile.

"Try not to wreck too much havoc, okay?"

"I'll try my best," she promises before she grabs her suitcase and makes her way into Alfea's courtyard. She looks down at her phone as it notifies her of a text from Riven. Her attention too focused on her phone she fails to see a red-head girl in front of her.

"Oh," the red-head gasps as the two collide. "I'm so sorry, I wasn't looking."

Malvolia brushes it off. "It's fine, you just ruined my entrance but it's fine."