IX.

CHAPTER NINE.
i'm so sorry, by imagine dragons.

   Malvolia's screams echo through the shed as Dowling and Silva stand before her

   Malvolia's screams echo through the shed as Dowling and Silva stand before her. The young brunette clutches her head tightly, Dowling's powers harshly penetrating her skull. She wails in agony, sweat dripping down her forehead and onto the metal contraption that still digs into her skin, covering her eyes.

Silva stands behind Dowling, looking down at the ground unable to watch. "Farah," he calls softly.

"I'll make her talk," Dowling replies emotionlessly, not letting up on using her powers against Mal.

"Dad please," Malvolia cries. "Please make it stop," she begs, her voice hoarse from screaming.

Silva's heart clenches at her pleas. "You're hurting her," he tells his colleague.

"I'm pushing through her mental defenses," Dowling informs him. "It's normally painless, but with her bloodline and most of her power being mental it's going to hurt a bit."

"A bit?" Silva questions. "This is torture. Let me talk to her, I can get through to her."

Dowling stops using her powers, looking at her good friend. "It was always going to be like this Saul. This is her kinds destiny, just like her mother."

Malvolia grips her head, although the headmaster has stopped actively using her powers, her mind felt invaded and rattled. The sound of footsteps coming closer to her cell fill her ears, each footstep painfully bouncing through her head.

"Lia," Saul whispers softly.

Mal's breath shudders as she recovers from the sobs that were racking her body. "How could you do this," Mal cries. "I'm your daughter."

"We just need the truth," Saul tries to goad her. "What happened to Callum? Did you kill him?"

Malvolia shifts all of her emotions into a glare. Even though the metal contraption was still covering her head she knew damn well Silva could feel it. "The truth," she whispers, her tone full of disgust. "Why should I tell you the truth? Why should you be so lucky?"

Saul's face scrunches in confusion. "Lia... what are you talking about?"

The brunette laughs. "How long are you gonna play this stupid act? I know everything!" she screams. "I know that my mother is Desdemona, and you are my father. I know that I wasn't abandoned but I was ripped out of my mother's dying body because Dowling killed her!" Her volume escalates with every word.

"Lia... where did you hear that from? Who told you that?" Saul's voice was tangled with a tone the younger girl could not quite recognize.

"The only person who's on my side," she told him. "That's all you're getting from me. Both of you, get out."