VII.

CHAPTER SEVEN.
bad things, by meiko.

   "You've been avoiding me?" Riven says as he follows quickly behind Malvolia

"I have not," she denies, continuing her search for her auburn-hair suitemate. 

"You're lying," the brunette boy singsongs to her, earning a smirk from Mal.

"Who knew you could be so needy?" She teases.

Riven grips the back of her pants before pulling her and gently slamming her on a pillar. He leans his face towards hers, holding his body weight with his right arm that lays above Malvolia's head. 

"Hi," Malvolia whispers, her brown eyes bright and a playful smile on her face. 

"You've been running the other way every time you see me and that's all you got to say," he whispers back, his green eyes portraying how serious he is despite the upwards turn of his lips.

Mal sighs. "Riven..."

The boy groans. "Oh, don't do that, Via, don't push me away."

Mal rolls her eyes. "If you would have let me finish," she tells him through clenched teeth, something that Riven takes note of. "I was going to say, where the fuck do I even begin?"

Riven furrows his eyebrows. "I'm lost."

"Aren't you always," Mal snarks back before sighing. "Come on," she goads, grabbing Riven's hand and pulling him outside. 

"Where are we going?" 

"Just shut up," Mal silences him. She pulls him outside to follow where she saw her freckled suitemate go. 

"Boo!" Malvolia whispers as she jumps behind Beatrix. 

Beatrix turns around. "Please, you didn't actually think that was gonna work?"

Mal pouts. "I thought it would, what gave me away?"

Beatrix smiles before glancing down at Malvolia's boot-clad feet. "Your heavy boots and your puppy's mouth breathing."

The dark-hair girl frowns before shrugging it off. "What are we doing?"

"Lose the clinger and you can find out," Beatrix tells Mal, her eyebrow raised and her usual smugness about her.

"I'm staying," Riven grumbles, his hands tucked into his jacket pocket.

Mal smirks. "He has separation anxiety."

Beatrix rolls her eyes before going inside the gate, the couple following quietly behind her. They quietly walk forward as they hear the voice of Sky and Bloom.

"Well, well, well looks like I'm not the only one up to no good lately," Mal comments, a smile on her face as she looks at her brother. Bloom's eyes widening as she sees the trio.