VIII.

CHAPTER EIGHT.
way down we go, by kaleo.

   A couple of hours later, Malvolia found herself in the car with Bloom and Beatrix

   A couple of hours later, Malvolia found herself in the car with Bloom and Beatrix. After discovering Rosalind's whereabouts during the winter of 2004, Beatrix offered to take Bloom there. Although only Malvolia was aware that their destination happens to be the hometown of Beatrix and Mal's mother.

"Aster Dell was a town, right? Are you sure this is the right place?" Bloom asks, getting out of the car, once they arrived at their destination.

"I'm positive," Beatrix says quietly.

"How could a town be marked on a map
if it's on the side of a mountain?" Bloom questions.

Malvolia looks down at the mossy ground she's standing on and notices two skulls buried within the moss.

Silva and Dowling killed them, Beatrix voice filters through Mal's head. A rush of anger quickly following. A crackling sound pulls her attention away. A sense of awe overcomes her as she looks at Beatrix. Blue bulbs of electricity dance around her arms, moving towards a massive ball of power.

"Beatrix, what are you doing?" Bloom yells, putting her hands out and her eyes turning red.

Malvolia's brown eyes take a purple hue. "Stop," she commands, watching Bloom's eyes change from orange to purple.

Beatrix throws the ball of electricity towards Bloom, hitting the invisible barrier behind her. The three girls watch as it shatters, leaving the sight of a broke town in their view.

Beatrix takes a step forward, making eye contact with Mal and giving her a nod. "Welcome to Aster Dell."

Malvolia's brown eyes scan the town, crumbling house and buildings littered it. Her eyes glaze over at the thought of all the people who were murdered and abandoned by those who destroyed it, never even getting to be put properly to rest. Aster Dell wasn't even a town anymore, it was a graveyard. It was massacre written out of history.

"It was a beautiful place," Beatrix continues, the two other girls listening intently. "Full of people just trying to live their lives. Till one winter when Burned Ones surrounded the settlement, and a military unit from Alfea decided that destroying the creatures was more important than the lives of the people here."

"This isn't real," Bloom tells the two with the shake of her head. "You're making this happen somehow."

Malvolia glares at the girl. "She's not a light fairy, that's not her power. It's real and it's right in front of you, all the secrets and lies you've been uncovering from Dowling, but this is too much for you to believe?"

Beatrix nods. "She's right, I can't make this happen. I'm piercing the magic veil that Queen Luna placed to hide the atrocities that happened here. Think about that. Leader of our realm tried to erase a war crime," Beatrix continues, as Bloom looks at her in disbelief. "I was born here, and my family died here," Beatrix adds on, taking a glance at Mal who shook her head to which Beatrix nods to. "Two days before your First World birthday."