V.

CHAPTER FIVE.
problem, by natalia kills.

The turning of pages lulls through the library as Malvolia sits with Beatrix

The turning of pages lulls through the library as Malvolia sits with Beatrix. The yearbook resting on the table in front of her, she sighs as she looks through it which catches Bea's attention. 

"Something wrong?" Beatrix hums, glancing up from her book briefly.

Malvolia shakes her head. "You said this would help me get answers but I'm not even sure what the questions are."

The auburn-hair girl lifts her head up to look at Malvolia. "What do you know of your origin story?"

"My... origin story?" Malvolia mutters. "Who the hell says that?"

"Me."

Mal sighs, with the shake of her head. "Not much, if I'm being honest, Silva told me I was found as a baby nearby the school. No family in sight, I was completely alone... abandoned."

Beatrix hums. "Hmm and you believe that?"

Mal shrugs. "I've never been given a reason not to."

"Well, there's a first for everything,' Beatrix replies smartly. Taking note of Mal's exasperated book she decides to help the girl out, she reaches over and turns the page. "You're so close, yet you're so far away."

Malvolia squints her eyes at Bea's crypticness. "Do you always talk like you're trying to tell someone something without outright saying it?"

"It's a gift of mine," Beatrix smirks. She nods her head towards the pages in front of her suitemate.

Malvolia sighs, taking the hint, her brown eyes glance over the pages before they stop on a woman. She examines the dark hair woman standing next to Silva and Dowling. Her face was practically a mirror of Malvolia's: the same dark hair framing an oval shape face and painted full lips beneath a button nose. But what stood out to Malvolia the most was the piercing dark eyes glaring back at her, the exact ones she's seen so many times before as she looked at herself in the mirror. 

Malvolia's eyebrows furrow. "Desdemona?" She whispers. 

"Looks familiar, doesn't she?" Beatrix nudges.

"Too familiar," Malvolia mumbles. She shakes her head. "I don't understand, who is she? Is that what you wanted me to see?"

Beatrix stands up from her seat, starting to gather her books. "There's only three people in this school who can give you that answer."

"Silva, Dowling, and Harvey," Malvolia mutters in disgust. She gathers her stuff and follows Beatrix. She shakes her head. "They won't give me answers, they haven't for years they're not going to start too now."

Beatrix stops, making Mal halt as well. "Then maybe you should start taking them," Beatrix smirks before walking off.