I.

CHAPTER ONE.
you and whose army?, by radiohead.

      "Six months!" Sky slams a newspaper down on Riven's bed

"Six months!" Sky slams a newspaper down on Riven's bed. A taunting missing photo staring back at the two specialists.

Riven slowly lifts himself up as he speaks. "Three weeks and four days," pure defeat lacing his exhausted voice. "Trust me, I'm aware mate."

"They're gonna call off the search," Sky's blond eyebrows furrow, his arms tensely resting across his chest. "Rosalind says the Solarian army is running out of resources, they're not gonna keep funding search parties. Said it's a waste."

"That's a load of bull," Riven scoffs in disgust. "The most powerful army in the otherworld and they're lacking resources? Give me a break."

Sky sighs, his arms falling to his side. He leans against the wall. "They can't keep searching for just one girl, it's almost been a year."

"Well, it's not exactly just Malvolia missing anymore is it?" Riven shoots back sassily. "And it's not like it's just some girl, it's Via," Riven insists.

"All the more reason they would call off the search then isn't it?" Sky speaks the truth the two boys have already been thinking but neither of them wanting to say it out loud.

The blue-eyed boy steps forward. "Rosalind hasn't said anything? Beatrix even?"

With a shake of his head and scoff Riven shuts down Sky quickly. "No, no mate everytime I even hint at anything to do with Via, Rosalind just shuts me down," Riven tilts his head as he continues. "Same with Beatrix, although I think she's about as in the dark as anyone."

Sky sighs, leaning back against the wall once more. "Yeah that's about what I get from Desdemona too. Anytime I ask her, she just shuts down and says..."

"I just got my daughter back and I'm working on getting her back just as much as you," Riven choruses with his suitemate.

"Yeah," Riven swings his legs over the side of the mattress. "Got that bit a few thousand times," he mumbles, bringing his vape to his lips. "Something else is going on here," he blows out, a smoke cloud forming around his face.

Silence envelopes the two, both of them huddling into their own heads.

Sky breaks the silence. "Do you remember the last thing Lia said to you?" He asks in curiosity.

Riven takes another whiff of his vape, blowing it out as he stares solemnly at the ground.

"Why don't you believe me?" Mal cries in frustration, her big brown eyes looking sadly at Riven. She glazes over the brunet male's stature of indifference, his shoulders tense.

With the roll of his eyes Riven looks at his girlfriend. "It's not that I don't believe you love," he tells her with a sigh, his voice condescendingly slowly. "Things are quiet right now. Rosalind is in power, Beatrix is a tamed lap dog, Dane's big gay on campus, you got your answers and parents back. Everything is alright right now and we don't need you to go messing things up."