21. Late.

Chapter 21: Late.

"So what, you just let him take your virginity right there and then?" Riley asks, staring at me in shock.

"Mhm." I hum curling my hair with my flat iron.

"Do you regret it?" Riley asks me, wearing her pair of Ugg boots.

"Not one bit. It happened and it's over." I tell her.

"I wish I was this cool when I lost my virginity. I was freaking out. Totally berserk." She says, laughing.

"It's no big deal. Shit happens." I say, turning off my curling iron and placing it on the desk.

"And where's Zachary now?" She asks me.

"He's still here in Chicago. He has a big game on Saturday which we'll be attending." I tell her and she raised her eyebrows at me.

"Did he have some magic potion on his dick, because literally three days ago you wanted nothing to do with him and now you're going to fly out and watch him play." She says, shocked by my actions.

"And you're coming with me." I tell her, wearing a blue tank top over my white sports bra.

"Well, I'll see you after cheer practice. Have a great day." I tell Riley before I leave her in the room with her mouth wide open.

I know you're probably judging me for giving my virginity up so easily, but I got tired of holding out and Zachary was my safest bet. At least I know he didn't have any STDs.

I think.

We're good.

Don't worry about it.

I check the time on my phone and it's 8:30am. I better hurry, I am already late for practice.

Some captain, I am.

I walk into the dance studio. All the girls stare at me. Waiting for me to speak.

"Sorry guys. I got my period early, so I had to stop by the nurse's office." I lie.

"Oh, that's totally fine. We were just practicing our dance routine for the Christmas Jubilee." Rebecca tells me.

"Okay, ladies. Show me what you got." I tell them, placing my gym bag on the floor.

***

"You had me waiting for you. I have things to do." Hannah complains through the phone.

"I'm sorry, Hannah. Practice ran a little late." I tell Hannah, leaning my phone against a book so she can see me clearly.

"You should have texted me. I'm busier now, Valarie." She tells me, placing her hand on her forehead.

Calm your tits, dude.

"How are you?" I ask her and she sighs.

"I'm good. School's just fucking my ass." She says, rolling her eyes.

"Same." I tell her.

"When last did you talk to Zachary?" She asks me.

"Um..." I trail off. Looking away from my phone.

"What? Did something happen between you two?" She asks me and I nod.

"You better spill." She threatens, giving me a death stare.

"Okay, Okay. We had sex last night." I tell her and she gasps.

"Valarie!!!" She says in a judgmental tone.

"What?!!!" I ask her.

"You do know how this makes you look, right?" She asks me and I shake my head.

"How does it make me look? People have sex all the time. I mean, my roommate does the deed like ten times a week." I tell her.