18. Break.

Chapter 18: Break.

I'm currently at a table in Top of The Morning, Amir's coffee shop. The coffee that is sitting on the table is untouched and probably cold. I'm waiting for Amir. He said he'll be here twenty minutes ago. There's still no sign of him.

"Are you sure you don't want to order anything, Miss." The waitress asks me and I shake my head.

"I'm fine." I tell her.

She just nods and goes to attend to other customers. I stare down at my phone. Camila just sent me a picture of her and Grayson. They look so happy together.

"Hey, stranger." I hear a voice say.

Looking up, I am relieved to see Amir taking a seat in front of me. He has some explaining to do.

"Where were you?" I ask him, crossing my arms.

"Board meeting. I'm sorry I'm late." Amir says, flashing me his million dollar smile.

"Anyway, what are your plans for Thanksgiving?" I ask him.

"I'm gonna be working." He tells me.

"That's boring. How about you take me out to dinner?" I ask him.

"You'd want that?" He asks me, shock clear on his face.

"Yup." I tell him. Amir opens his mouth to speak, but is interrupted by the flashing cameras in front of the window we're seated beside.

"What the hell?" I say under my breath.

"Paparazzi." Amir scoffs.
"Just tune them out, they'll be gone in no time." Amir says, brushing this whole situation off.

"Who are you exactly?" I ask him. Totally shocked by the fact that he gets stormed by the paparazzi.

"I am an Arabian prince. My father is a king in Saudi Arabia. Our kingdom isn't very popular, so you've probably never  heard of it." Amir says, chuckling.

"That's...something." I say, trying to digest the information Amir just told me.

"Yeah." Amir says, running his fingers through his black curls.

"How about we spend the rest of the night at your house?" I suggest.

"Trying to get in my pants already, Miss Stone." Amir jokes.

"Don't flatter yourself. I want to see where you live. I know that sounds super weird, but I have time on my hands. All my friends are outta town and I am bored." I say, throwing my arms up in the air, dramatically.

"Even in my company?" He asks, staring at me with his chocolate colored eyes.

"You're alright." I say, shrugging.

"Ouch." He says, pretending to be hurt by my words.

Standing up from my seat, I sling my purse over my shoulder and I stare at Amir.

"Are we going or you're just gonna stare at me all day?" I ask him.
"I mean, I know I'm cute and all but we have places to be. Come on, big guy." I say, patting his shoulder as I walk past his chair.

"I'll be waiting in the car." I tell him, before I walk out of the café. Immediately, I am ambushed by the paparazzi.

Dang it, I forgot they were out here.

"Excuse me, Miss, what's your relationship with Mr. Ahmad?" One of the men asks me.

I try my best to ignore them and get to Amir's Cadillac. They don't allow me to move as they block my path. The cameras flashing in my eyes makes me dizzy and I suddenly feel lightheaded. I can feel myself falling to the ground, when an arm stops my fall.