3. Sorry.

Chapter 3: Sorry

"You study too much." Riley says, chewing on a grape.

"There's no such thing." I tell her, flipping the page of my textbook.

"Let's go out tonight." She suggests.

"No. We have a test tomorrow." I tell her.

This is the exact reason why I can't stand Riley sometimes. She's a party girl. She doesn't know how to create a balance between school and party time.

"Well, I'm texting Nolan right now to see if he wants to hang out." She says, grabbing her phone from her nightstand.

I focus my attention back to my textbook and my phone starts to ring.

It's Adam.

Oh My God, I miss him so much.

I swipe the answer button and Adam's face shows up on my screen. He seems to be at the gym or something.

"Hey Vee." He says as he places his phone on something, allowing him to lift weights.

"Hey, Marshmallow Greg." I say, feeling nostalgia rushing through me.

God, I miss Langston.

"How's Bradford? Did you get laid yet?" He asks me.

"She didn't." Riley yells from her bed.

"Shut up." I say, throwing a pillow at her.

"Who is that?" Adam asks me.

"It's just my roommate, Riley." I tell him.

"Well, I love her already." He says and I glare at him.
"Seriously. Anyone that motivates you to get some dick is a friend of mine." He says as he drops the weights in his hands and picks up his phone.

"Where are you going?" I ask him as he starts walking.

"I'm going back to my dorm to take a shower. I have a date tonight." He informs me.

"Ouu, already. Adam Hendrix, you charmer." I say, laughing.

"Girls over here are easy." He says and I frown at him.

"No, not like that. I just meant they're easy to talk to and they don't make a huge fuss about going on a date with you." He says as the lighting brightens, he's probably outside the gym now.

"True. Girls in Langston always had their panties in a bunch." I comment.

"Well, I'm about to get in my car right now, so I guess I'll call you later." He tells me.

"Yeah, see you later." I say, waving him goodbye.

"Bye." He tells me before he cuts the call.

"Who was that?" Riley asks me.

"He's my best friend." I tell her.

"From Langston?" She asks and I nod.

"I'm heading out, Nolan and I are going on a date." Riley says, slipping into her Nike slides with her Mickey Mouse socks.

"Have fun." I tell her before she heads out the door.

After Riley leaves, I try to keep on reading but fail. I decide to do an avocado face mask. I mix up the ingredients needed and now I'm applying it to my face. I apply it all over my face then I just lounge on my bed, looking through Instagram.

Someone knocks at my door and I groan.

Who could that be?

I literally have no friends here.