39. Spring Break.

Chapter 39: Spring Break.

"What are you wearing?" I ask Tobias, trying not to laugh.

"Um, they're called Khaki pants." He says, matter of factly.

"Yeah, I know that. Why are they bedazzled?" I ask him.

"Because I have a bedazzling gun." He says, glaring at me.

"You two cut it out and help me over here." Riley yells as she tries to carry a huge box inside Tobias' apartment.

"What is that?" I ask her.

"You'll see." She says, smiling at me.

We help her carry the box into Tobias' living room.

"What's in here?" Tobias asks her.

"The LED lights we ordered." Riley says, smiling at me.

"Why did you guys order LED lights?" I ask, folding my arms.

"We're throwing parties all weekend long." Tobias tells me.

"Ugh, I hate that I'm not gonna be here with you guys." I say, pouting.

"Well, you can stay." Riley says, holding my hands.

"I wish I could, but everyone from my high school is coming home for spring break and we have this whole dinner thing planned." I tell them.

"That's too bad." Tobias says, staring at me.

"I'll miss you guys." I say, with sad eyes.

"Of course, we're amazing. It'll be weird if you didn't miss us." He says and I glare at him.

"Well, I have a flight to catch. Tobias thanks for letting me stay here yet again. You're a real one." I tell him.

"Don't mention it, you know I got you." He says and I smile at him.

"Bring me something from Langston." Riley says as I roll my suitcase towards the door.

"Sure thing." I tell her before I leave Tobias' apartment.

I'm having mixed feelings about this whole spring break reunion thingy, but I'm just gonna play nice and stay out of drama.

***

"Adam." I scream as I run towards him. I jump on him and he lands on the floor. Everyone in the airport is staring at us.

"Nice to see you too." He says, laughing.

I get off him and I grab my suitcase.

"Give me that." He says, collecting my suitcase.

"Ooh, you're now a gentleman. Safe to say Ashley is to thank for that." I say, looking at him.

"Hmm, maybe." He admits, shrugging.

"Now come on, my car's out front." He tells me and I follow him to his car.

Thirty minutes later, Adam pulls into his driveway. I don't get out of the car, I just stare at him. He has changed so much. He now has a full beard, he's more muscular and his voice is a little bit deeper. But maybe that's just me.

"What? Why are you looking at me like that?" He asks, chuckling.

"You got hot, Hendrix. Like "break my back daddy" kind of hot. I think I'll have to give Ashley a run for her money." I tell him and he bursts into laughter.

"Don't let her hear you say that." He says, chuckling.

"Wait...she's here?" I ask him and he nods towards the front door.