17. Captain.

Chapter 17: Captain.

Valarie's POV

"Poison Ivies, hurdle up!!!" Camila orders. She is standing in the middle of the dance studio, her hands on her hips.

I groan as I push myself off of the ground and walk towards her.

"We are on in ten minutes. I need you guys in your outfits now, but before you change, I have an announcement to make." Camila says with a smile on her face as she glances my way.

"I would like to introduce your new captain, Valarie Stone." She says and everyone cheers.

With a smile on my face, I walk towards Camila and stand beside her.

"She now has the authority I once had. I'm going to be co-captain, but I won't be here as much. So, get used to seeing her face. Valarie?" She says and I snap my head up, looking at her with a raised eyebrow.

"Do you have anything you would like to tell them?" She asks me.

"Um, so this is weird." I say and everyone chuckles.
"I've never been one to lead. I've always been a follower. This is definitely a new chapter and feeling and I hope to be half as good of a captain as Camila was." I say, sending Camila a wide grin.

"But you heard the woman, the show starts in ten minutes. Get dressed!!!" I order and they scurry off.

"Great start. They're terrified of you already." Camila jokes beside me.

"I learnt that from you. You really know how to command respect." I tell her.

"I don't know about respect, I think they were just afraid of what I would do if they disobeyed me. Anyway, let's go get dressed." Camila says, wrapping her arm around mine as we walk towards the dressing rooms.

***

"That was great." Riley tells me as I wipe my forehead with my palm.

"Thanks." I say, panting. I'm so out of breath. That performance took a lot out of me.

From the corner of my eye, I see Camila kissing Grayson. Glad to see they're good now.

"Didn't you kiss Grayson too?" My subconscious asks me.

That's not the point.

"Where's Tobias?" I ask Riley.

"He's somewhere around here. He's probably talking to one of his friends." She tells me.

"I'll be right back. I need to go change, I'm all sweaty." I tell her.

"Alright, take your time." She tells me and I nod.

I walk out of the gym. My midriff feeling the cool breeze of the night air, thanks to the crop top I have on. Walking for about a minute or so, I finally see the door of the dance studio. I pull the handle and walk inside. I spot my gym bag on the floor beside the counter with the coffee machine on top. Grabbing my bag, I unzip it and take out a sports bra and sweatpants. I change into the outfit before I turn on my heel and walk back to the gym.

"Wonderful job you did today." Coach Carol tells me as soon as I walk inside the gym.

"Thank you." I say, with a smile on my face.

"How would you be spending your break?" She asks me.

"I don't know. I'll probably just be in my dorm." I tell her.

"You're not flying back home?" She asks me.

I shake my head.

"Well, have fun nevertheless." She
says, patting my back before she walks away.