Ch - 9

I made it back to the building with enough time for me to change clothes. Snow was on my bed, watching as I brushed out my hair in front of the mirror.

"You're nervous about something." She noted softly, my hand pausing mid pull. I sighed, lowering the brush and turning to face her.

"I have...this bad feeling. Something horrible is gonna happen soon." I clenched my jaw, placing my free hand over my stomach.

"Your instincts are never wrong. Be careful, and stay on alert." She chimed, blue eyes set in a serious expression. I nodded firmly and turned back around to continue brushing my hair.

A knock sounded at my door, opening upon myself giving them permission. Laxus walked in, his eyes holding an unreadable emotion once he saw me.

"It's almost midnight. Any idea what happens after that?" He inquired, taking a seat on my bed. I placed my brush on the table, turning to smile at him.

"The games change every year Laxus. It wouldn't be much of a challenge if I knew what happened." I walked over and sat beside him, playfully frowning as he ruffled my once neatly brushed hair with a large hand.

"I guess you're right squirt." He hummed. I grabbed his wrist, halting his action.

"I'm not a kid anymore, Laxus." I met his gaze with my one uncovered eye. His shoulders fell a bit at that, a half smirk stretching across his face.

(I forgot the other one was covered by an eyepatch up until now LOL)

"I guess you aren't, huh?" He sighed through his nose. "You're a woman now."

I held his hand with both of mine, allowing a smile upon my lips.

"Despite that, I'll still think of you as my older brother. But just know...you don't need to protect me anymore. I'll prove it to ya. In the games." I concluded, bringing a proud smirk to his face.

"I'm sure you will."

Out of nowhere, the building began to shake violently, a rising feeling blooming in my stomach. After a few seconds, the shaking stopped and the feeling dissipated. I let go of Laxus's hand, standing up and jogging out into the main room, Gajeel, Mira, and Mystogan already there. Laxus joined us as we walked onto the balcony, something huge emerging from a magic circle in the sky, smack in the middle of the circle of hotels everybody else was in.

"Always gotta be over the top, typical." I crossed my arms, the pumpkin headed man appearing in the sky as well.

"Welcome to X791's Grand Magic Games!"

~~~

I held tightly onto a pole as the place began to turn again, flipping me upside down. I eyed the makeshift map in the other team's hand that were walking right below me, smiling deviously. I pushed myself off the pole, flipping onto my feet and kicking the map holder in the head, knocking him to the ground. I picked up the map piece and shoved it in my pocket, looking up at the remaining team members.

"Thanks for the help! Good luck!" Before they could attack me, I jumped into the air, flipping upside down and blasting a column of wind out of my mouth which tossed me into the air. I flipped backwards and landed on the platform high above them, waving before disappearing from their sight. The rest of my team were already there waiting, having already gotten the rest of the map. I handed them the last piece, and with that, we knew exactly where to go.

~~~

I pushed open the door to the finish line, barely getting a second to glance around before a certain blond dragon slayer lunged at me and knocked me over.

I groaned, Sting pulling himself up a little with his forearms, his cocky smirk ever present as he hovered dangerously close to my face. He opened his mouth to speak, but didn't get the chance as a hand grabbed the back of his vest and flung him off, the same hand pulling me up to stand.

"Thanks Laxus." I sighed, glaring at the blondie who was just standing up as well.

"Sting you don't just crash into people whenever you feel like it." Rogue droned. Sting waved him off, his attention still on me.

"You made it (Y/n)-Chan, glad to see it. Of course, if you were on our team, you could have come first." He smiled proudly.

"I already told you, I don't want to join your guild. Besides, your ego's are so inflated I wouldn't even be able to stand in your guildhall." I smirked lazily, finding satisfaction in his gaping expression. "Anyway, we gotta go. See ya around."

I sent a wave at Rogue before turning and walking out, my team confusedly glancing around before following.

Sting's other teammates were all equally as confused.

~~~

I stretched my arms over my head and flopped down onto my mattress, heaving out a sigh. Snow moved to sit on my chest, her fluffy tail curling neatly over her paws.

"I assume that since you're back so soon, you finished?" She questioned with a tilt of her head. I nodded in response.

"We got second place. Of course, Sabertooth got first." I frowned.

"Ah, Sabertooth. Isn't that the guild with the two dragon slayers that are head over heels for you?"

"Yea- wait what?" I sat up quickly, Snow falling onto my lap. "Head over heels? What does that mean?"

"It means they love you darling."

I stayed silent, tilting my head. "Like, a family?"

She rolled her blue eyes.

"Romantically."

I blinked, registering what she said for a moment before my face burst into a red hue. I covered my cheeks, shaking my head furiously.

"No! No no no! They j-just want me to be part of their guild because I'm strong!" I tried to reason with my exceed. She shook her head.

"They want you to join their guild because they want to be close to you." She explained calmly.

"Nope. I refuse to believe it." I quickly moved myself under my blankets, throwing the bedding over my head and away from view. Snow sighed, a soft look in her blue eyes.

"Oh you poor innocent soul."