Ch - 5

"You beat that monster quickly Lady (Y/n). You're getting stronger by the day." Snow leapt onto my shoulder while I walked. I held onto the straps of my backpack, sighing softly.

"Yes, but they underpaid me. That monster was at least worth 30'000 from the size and power of it. 10'000 is a complete ripoff in my opinion." I scowled. Snow giggled gently, resting herself on the platform made by my shoulders and backpack.

"Oh calm down. Did you see how happy they were? Isn't that enough?" She tilted her head. I sighed again, shrugging.

"I guess. But 30'000 would have still been nice." I grumbled, turning a corner. I quickly stepped to the side, barely dodging a body from ramming into me at full speed. The person fell to the ground with a yell, another person stopping right next to them.

It appeared to be two boys around my age, one a blond and the other a ravenette.

"Sting I told you to slow down. This is what you get for not listening to me." The boy with short black hair huffed, shaking his head disapprovingly. The other boy let out a groan of pain, slowly pushing himself off the ground.

"Yeah well unlike you, I don't want to be late to the meeting with the guild master!" He snapped, standing up and brushing the dirt off his pants. They continued to argue back and forth over things I didn't understand.

'These two are weird, let's go.' Snow brushed her tail against my shoulder and I nodded, turning away.

"Hey you!" A voice called out, a hand grasping the back of my backpack and stopping me in my tracks. I turned to look behind me, the blond's blue eyes staring into my own red ones.

"What is it?" I questioned softly, tilting my head. I didn't really have time to waste since the money was due later tonight.

"Uh-...I'm...sorry for almost..running into you." The blond let go of my bag, rubbing the back of his neck with a soft red tint on his cheeks.

"It's fine. Just be more careful." I nodded to him, then the ravenette, before turning around and continuing on my way.

"Wait! What's your name?" The same boy called out again. I raised my hand, waving.

"(Y/n) (L/n). Maybe we'll meet again."

~~~

I pushed open the guild doors and walked inside the building. I passed Bisca and Alzack, smiling at the two lovebirds before walking up to Macao and taking off my bag.

"Good to see that you made it back in one piece (Y/n). You really are such a strong kid." He placed a hand on my head, ruffling my hair. Romeo came running up to us, wrapping his arms around me in a tight hug.

"(Y/n)-Chan how'd it go! Did you defeat the monster in one hit like you always do?" He beamed excitedly. I smiled softly, nodding.

"I did. It wasn't a very big challenge considering it was just a regular sized one." I took the bag of jewels out and gave it to Macao who looked down at it rather sadly.

"You really don't have to keep doing this. You're still just a kid." He looked back up at me, a frown on his face. I placed a hand on his, shaking my head.

"I know I don't have to, but I want to. You guys are the only family I got, and I want to protect that even if it means doing 10 quests a day just to keep those twilight ogre jerks off our backs. I'll even do 100 of it means keeping you all safe." Macao began to tear up at my declaration and he wrapped his arms around me, laying his head on top of mine. I loosely grabbed the front of his shirt, closing my eyes.

"You really are an angel (Y/n)."

~~~

I dropped the large bag of jewels into the hands of the Twilight Ogre wizards, keeping my burning gaze on the floor. I could practically hear the smirk stretching across his face once he held the bag in his grasp.

"So, I've heard a pretty interesting rumour on the road. Apparently this child has been getting all these jewels for you lazy punks. She must be really strong in order to do that." He cackled. I stood still, clenching my fists. "You all are weaker than I thought to be relying on this kid to support you."

"Get out." I slowly raised my head, glaring into his eyes. He smirked even wider at this, his hands stretching out to his sides.

"What are you going to do? Kick up a little breeze?"

I couldn't stand his annoying voice any longer. I wanted nothing more than to wipe it off his ugly face. My body was filled to the brim with rage for everything they do to us on a regular basis. To my family.

"(Y/n) just drop it, you're only going to cause more trouble." Snow called out from behind me. I glanced at her, gritting my teeth together. Today, I just couldn't let it go.

I reached into my bag and took out a ball of iron, bringing it to my face. The man in front of me looked rather confused, but quickly became horrified as I bit into it and began to eat away at it. The skin of my right hand began to turn into hard metal, crawling upwards and stopping just below my elbow. I clenched my fist, preparing myself to attack as the black haired male reached for the large weapon on his back. He swiftly swung it down at me and I raised my right arm, blocking it and pushing the spiked bat to the side. I wound my arm back, satisfied by the frightened look on his face before I launched forward, striking him in the gut which caused him to go flying back. He crashed against the doors, sliding to the ground with a groan.

"I see, so you really do have multiple different magic." He raised his head, another smirk on his face. I was confused for a second but then I felt a sharp prick on my neck. "Master was right, you'll be the perfect asset to our guild." Was all I heard before my world went dark.

~~~

"(Y/n)..."

"(Y/n), Wake up."

"(Y/N)!!"

I choked out a gasp, snapping my eyes open. Snow was peering down at me, her blue eyes filled with concern. She was in her Snow Leopard form, her much larger body standing above me. My neck ached when I moved it but other than that, I felt fine.

"Thank goodness. They tried to take you with them. When I stopped them they didn't put up much a fight and left you. Are you feeling alright?" She used her large paw to sit me up and I nodded, rubbing my neck.

"Yeah I'm fine. I'm okay." I sighed. Romeo ran up to us and wrapped his arms around me, sniffling into my shoulder.

"(Y/n)-Chan I thought they were going to take you. I was so scared." He sobbed. I patted his head, sitting him on my lap and hugging him back.

"No no Romeo, I'm okay. I promise." I looked up at Snow, nodding my head. She sat down, bowing hers.

I need to keep a better hold on my feelings or else this might happen again.

Emotions lead to weakness.

And I can't protect my family if I'm weak.