Ch - 4

-Timeskip-

-2 months later-

December 14th, x784

~~~

Tomorrow, Fairy Tail's strongest wizards are heading to Tenrou island for the S-Class trials. A lot has happened since the Battle Of Fairy Tail.

Laxus was removed from the guild for endangering people's lives.

Wendy and Carla joined the guild.

Suddenly, Mira and Elfman's little sister, Lisanna, turned out to be alive and rejoined the guild.

Gajeel got an Exceed named Panther Lily. 

I still wasn't quite over the whole Laxus ordeal. He was the first person who showed me kindness in a world tainted by evil. I would never forget that he saved my life.

I sat next to Wendy, slipping a bracelet I made for her over her wrist. She and I were close in age, a 1 year gap actually. We got along really well.

"Stay safe Wendy, I know you're incredibly strong. Be careful around that guy too, he's a little...creepy." I lowered my voice into a whisper, looking over at the male who would be paired up with Wendy. She nodded, grabbing my hands in hers.

"I'll be fine, thank you (Y/n)."

~~~

I stood at the edge of the dock, watching the boat slowly drift further and further away. I raised my hand, pointing my index and thumb in the air in the famous Number 1 symbol.

"Goodbye Natsu, Wendy, and everybody else. Please, be safe..." I said, mostly to myself. I let my hand drop to my side, staying on the edge of the dock long after the boat was out of sight. I looked down as a hand grabbed my own, seeing Romeo.

"(Y/n)-Chan, let's go back to the guild. You'll catch a cold." He tugged at my hand. I smiled and nodded, following after him. I glanced one last time out at the water, praying for their safety.

~~~

I felt my heart stop at the news that Tenrou island had disappeared.

Were they really gone?

My family?

The few people left that I trusted just...gone?

I clenched my fists, lowering my head so my hair covered my eyes. I heard shouts of shock and disbelief from all around me. I couldn't stand to be there anymore. I quickly turned around and ran upstairs to the table Laxus and everybody else use to sit at. I wanted nothing more at that moment than for Laxus to be sitting there.

I sat down beside his chair, biting back a scream.

Why was life so cruel? So unfair?

Everything good I had was suddenly ripped away from me.

Mocking me.

Tears flowed freely down my cheeks, and I didn't even bother to try and wipe them away.

All I felt was pure, raw, agony.

~~~

I sat in the corner of the new guildhall, staring down at my hands as Twilight Ogre was once again terrorizing the few remaining guild members we had left.

Word had gotten out that the strongest members of Fairy Tail were gone. Missions were harder to complete for the remaining wizards.

A few weeks ago, we went bankrupt and couldn't keep the guildhall anymore.