𝕊𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕊𝕚𝕓𝕝𝕚𝕟𝕘𝕤

skip to two days before the chunin exams

"SASUKE." Sakura called, sitting on the couch. 

"Yeah?" The boy poked his head into the room, and walked towards her, taking the seat next to her. 

"Do you remember what I told you?" She asked. 

"Of course." Sasuke paused, and looked at his teacher. "Do you think it'll hurt?"

"Without a doubt." Sakura answered bluntly. "But the power your body will receive will be greater. Let us hope your mind can take it." 

The ninja gulped, looking down at his hands. "What if I go berserk?" He fidgeted with his fingers, slightly nervous. Although of course, his face didn't show it. 

"If you do, I will help in reducing the pain. Sasuke, I know it's creepy to get bitten by a snake man,  but it will be worth it." Sakura took the boy's hands in her own, squeezing them gently. Her hands were cold. 

"You told Naruto right?"

"Yes. He understands the plan completely." Surprisingly, the boy was quick in comprehending the reason and purpose of their plan. Perhaps it was because the existence of this new Sakura had helped him mature. But she was grateful. 

"Ok."

-

On the day before the Chunin exams, when the trio was walking down the path lazily, enjoying the last moments of peace, they suddenly heard a shout and wail. 

Immediately the three looked at each other and nodded. Sasuke jumped up to the trees, Naruto ran ahead, and Sakura walked behind the trees while hiding her presence completely. She was confident that the two boys would handle it, but a back up was always helpful. 

"Hey! Let him go tebayo!" Naruto called, running up and leaping to kick the assaulter's head. He had on a full baggy black body suit with a red and yellow circle on the front, also wearing a black hood with two pointy cat like headwear. He also sported a purple face paint design that reminded Sakura of a character from a movie she once watched in her past life, called Sen to Chihiro. 

The boy dodged Naruto's kick, barely avoiding the blow. 

"Hey! What do you think you're doing?!" He shouted angrily. 

Sakura studied the boy, and the girl next to him. Kankuro and Temari. They looked exactly like in the anime. Weak and naive. Messing with them here wasn't the best move for now. She didn't want Gaara on her ass. Nevertheless, she stayed silent, deciding to leave it up to the boys. 

"What do you think you're doing? This isn't your village, so you can't do whatever you want to it's people!" Naruto responded, surprisingly intelligent in his comeback. 

"Why you-" The taller boy reached up for Crow, his main puppet weapon, ignoring his sister who protested. "You can't possibly mean to use that here!" She said. 

Suddenly, a rock hit Kankuro's hand at full speed, and Sakura winced sympathetically when she heard a crack. 

He cried out in pain, whipping his head up in the direction from which the rock came. 

Sasuke stood in all his glory, glaring silently from atop a branch. 

The still hidden pink haired girl shook her head and sighed. As dramatic as ever. 

"Who are you?!" Temari demanded. 

"None of your business." Sasuke answered coldly. And just like in the anime, the girl blushed furiously hearing his tone. 

Sakura rolled her eyes. Then, she quickly leaped up and out from behind the trees when she felt a strong chakra surge towards her. Sand. 

She landed next to Sasuke, who steadied her with a hand to her back. She saw Temari glare in jealousy. How petty. 

"You three must be the Sand Siblings, yes? Welcome to Konoha. It isn't quite the welcome you must've expected, and it also certainly isn't the arrival we expected. Please unhand the boy." Sakura spoke, while smiling. 

"Huh? Why should I? This brat bumped into me without apologizing!" 

The pink haired girl's eye twitched at the blatant stupidity the Kazekage's son showed. 

"When somebody bumps into you, you do not lift them up by their collars and injure them." She responded as calmly as she could. 

Sasuke and Naruto looked at each other, wondering why their teacher was being so nice. And who were the Sand Siblings?

"Still! He didn't apologize!" Kankuro responded. 

"...Perhaps you didn't know because you three are foreigners," Sakura looked at Gaara, who stood quietly on a branch across from her. "But the boy you hold, Kankuro-san, is the grandson of the current Hokage. Hurting him would mean war. As the son of the Kazekage, you should understand as much. Would you like to be the cause of a Great War?" Her voice turned dark at the end, startling everyone. 

"N-no.." Kankuro quickly let go of Konohamaru, who ran towards Naruto, close to tears. 

"Who are you?" Gaara asked Sakura, appearing next to her. Sasuke went to push him back, but Gaara waved his hand, causing his sand to gather around just him and Sakura. In a blink of an eye, the two were on the ground. 

"Me? Just a civilian girl. Do watch your back, Gaara san. I heard assassins are relentless even in a different village." 

With that, Sakura snapped her fingers, making her, Sasuke, and Naruto disappear at once. 

"What an arrogant girl." Temari grumbled after. 

"Shut up." Gaara said coldly. 

"B-but Gaara, don't you hate her too? I mean, she was so cocky."

"I said shut up. You are to blame for earlier. Besides. For some reason, Kaa-san likes the girl."