𝔽𝕚𝕣𝕤𝕥 𝕊𝕥𝕒𝕘𝕖

NARUTO sat in disbelief, sobbing internally

Sakura almost burst out laughing, also feeling sympathetic towards the boy who looked like he was having an existential crisis. 

However, she had purposely decided not to teach him anything about what was on the paper exam, because this scene, this event, this moment, was where Naruto became him. This was where he promised to himself that he wouldn't fail, and although he ultimately never wrote anything except for his name in terrible handwriting at the top of the paper, (it wasn't even on the line designated for your name), Naruto did, in fact, become well developed and admirable character because of his failure today.

She, of course, had finished the test immediately, without any need for cheating. 

In the original manga and anime, something that most people chose to ignore, was that Sakura had completed the chunin level and hard exam without using anything other than her brain. And even though the point of this stage was to cheat, to use one's skills of info gathering, Sakura used only her mind, and photographic memory.

And Sasuke...Sasuke surprisingly knew nothing. Sakura also chose not to teach the arrogant Uchiha anything about the test, because this was also where Sasuke started to become the character he became. I can't beat Itachi with this level of strength. How can I beat my genius brother, without even being able to complete this paper test? These were the thoughts that were probably running through Sasuke's mind.

 Ah, the simplicity of a child's mind. How easy it was to become motivated.

Sasuke finally activated his Sharingan after spending a few minutes of pondering if he should. Of course, the test was finished immediately thanks to Sakura, whom he copied off of. He had a feeling she knew he was looking through her shoulder, by the way she shifted slightly to the left.

Finally, the test ended, with Naruto's entertaining exclamation of his determination, and the window crashing open to reveal the stage two examiner, Anko.

Anko was one of post reincarnation Sakura's most favorite characters. The lady was badass, for sure. And her skill with snakes...admirable, breathtaking, and absolutely fear inducing.

So when Anko scanned all the exam takers impassively, Sakura was startled when the woman's gaze stopped at her.

Holy shit. Was she looking at her? The pink haired girl hid her excitement and nodded hello.

Anko nodded back and linked her hands behind her back.

"Some of you seem pretty advanced. Some of you seem like sniveling brats. Some of you seem like you don't want to be here." The woman paused, looking up at the ceiling. "Well, you'll all be dead by the time you finish the second stage anyway." 

Most of the genin shivered in fear, making Anko grin. 

Sakura obviously knew what was going to happen so she sat relaxed on her chair. Naruto looked like he was about to make a run for it, and Sasuke kept a poker face on, although Sakura could tell he was nervous. 

"Now then, off to the Forest of Death. Bye Ibiki!"