𝕊𝕖𝕔𝕠𝕟𝕕 𝕊𝕥𝕒𝕘𝕖

THE Forest of Death was identical to the forest depicted in the anime--as expected, of course, considering the fact that Sakura had reincarnated into the damn series--but it was still breathtaking how familiar it was

Green, lush trees that went deeper than what normal human eyes could see. A battered fence encaged the reachable entrances, with a tattered sign warning civilians hanging from the front. It had an eerie aura, full of illusions and chakra from centuries of Justus. 

"Woah." Naruto breathed in fear, clinging onto Sakura's arm unconsciously. Sasuke glared at the boy's hand, jealous but too prideful to reach out to the girl himself. 

"Don't worry, we trained for this." Sakura reassured both of the children, before turning back to the front where Anko was cooly explaining the rules and description of the Second Stage. Essentially, each team would start with either a Heaven or Hell scroll, and by the time they reach the tower, which was the goal, they were to have a set with both. 

Easy enough, if it weren't for the inevitable arrival of Orochimaru- which commenced quickly after the three had entered the forest.

Things were going well, with Sasuke and Naruto actually working together to gather firewood, while Sakura went to get the water.

However, when the three came back and were about to sit down, a strong gust of wind knocked them all against the trees.

"And I worked really hard to get those branches." Sasuke groaned audibly, while Naruto grunted in agreement. 

"well, I'm covered in water." Sakura pointed out, standing up uncomfortably as she felt some water trickle down her back. "That shit's cold."

Sasuke silently brought the girl closer to him, while Naruto clung to her other side. 

"Look at all of you, getting along so amicably." Orochimaru hissed from behind a tree, slithering out and up the base, half of his body in a snake like form. It disgusted team 7 visibly, and Naruto inconsipicouly wiped his hand on Sasuke's back- which obviously didn't go unnoticed by him, because he also slid his hand down the Uzumaki's shirt.

Sakura, exasperated by their antics, pinched both of their bottoms, smirking when they jumped in surprise. 

"Did something just touch your ass?" "Yeah-" "It was me. Shut up and get ready to fight." The girl sighed. 

But then, Sakura tiled her head in thought. "Actually...Orochimaru!" She called.

"Um...yes...? The Senin frowned at the lack of fear coming from the children, and also from confusion, as he had never been in a battle this puzzling before. 

"You're here for Sasuke right?" 

"Right...he's the perfect vessel for m-"

"So anyway, how much are you willing to pay?"

"Pardon?" Naruto, Sasuke, and Orochimaru all asked. It had been part of Team 7's plan to easily let Sasuke go, because the fight would have been painful and tiring, but the two boys hadn't heard about the part where Sakura could get money. 

"Wait-" "Unfortunately, only 69 yen."

"Sensei-" "Deal."

"SENSEI?" 

Orochimaru pursed his lips as he contemplated on how suspicious this whole ordeal was, but then ultimately shrugged and held out his hand, where a few coins laid. 

"Thanks. Oh and also, I want to be the Otokage." Sakura added, taking the coins.

"Excuse me?" Orochimaru choked on nothing, thumping his chest. "The what?"

"The Otokage. You know, after you die." 

The snake like man rubbed his forehead, thinking that he should have stayed home today. "Er- I suppose I'l watch you for a while, evaluate your worth. Then maybe you could be the Otokage." 

"Great. Thanks." Sakura gently pushed Sasuke forward, and stepped back with Naruto. "Return him by the time we get to the tower, please and thank you." And with that, the two jumped away.

"Child, I think your teammates just sold you." Orochimaru sympathetically commented, as his head detached from his shoulders and stretched towards Sasuke, his neck snaking forward.

"Gee thanks, I didn't realize. For 69 damn yen too-OW!" 

-

"I kinda feel bad for him." Naruto said, as the two leaped from tree to tree. 

"Its alright, I got some money out of it anyway-what in the w-" Sakura stopped as she came upon a huge wall of sand that blocked their way. 

Naruto crashed into the girl's back, wincing and rubbing his nose. 

"What the f-"

The two were pulled in by hands made of sand.