second stage pt 2

"What the f-"

The two were pulled into a seemingly solid wall of sand. On the other side stood Gaara--along with his siblings. "Sorry." He said, unapologetically. "I thought I sensed something bad."

"Way too damn late bro, way too late." Naruto answered, sweat dropping at the other's terrible timing.

Sakura elbowed the Uzumaki, before informing Gaara that there was no need for his help. "We should get going soon, thank you for your...help, but if that's all-"

"Wait." Gaara reached out an arm of sand. "I also—I happened to—I have an extra scroll. Here." Flushing, he dropped the scroll Team 7 needed onto Sakura's hand quickly.

"Thanks bro!" Naruto grinned, making Gaara's blush deepen in color. His siblings exchanged a look in bemusement.

"Omg Sasuke!" "Ah, Sasuke." Sakura and Naruto greeted at the same time, as the Uchiha grumpily staggered into the tower.

"Shut up, traitors." He grumbled, reluctantly allowing himself to be pulled into his teammates' arms.

"Ok, who the fuck just took my wallet?"

"Sorry, habit."

"Thats alright, I took yours too. And boy, are you broke." Sakura observed, shaking Naruto's wallet upside down.

"Rich in dust." Sasuke nodded in agreement, discreetly slipping 10000 yen into the Uzumaki's frog wallet.

-

"Okay, 3, 2, 1!" Team 7 opened both Earth and Heaven scrolls at the same time.

Suddenly, a cloud of smoke burst out from both, forming the clone of Iruka.

"Iruka sensei??" Naruto exclaimed, straightening from his defense posture. "Man, that scared me ttebayo!"

Sakura always thought this was a neat trick so she nodded along in agreement. "Oh yes, absolutely unexpected."

Iruka turned to Sasuke expectantly, waiting for his remark of surprise. "Uh-yeah, definitely freaked me out." He hesitantly said, pupils flitting from Sakura to Iruka and back to Sakura.

"ANYway, great job, all of you! You guys made it here faster than we thought you would!" The teacher praised.

Team 7 looked at each other knowingly. They knew no one expected much of them at all.

"Thanks, sensei." Sakura smiled sweetly.

Behind her, the two boys gagged silently, and the pink haired girl's eye twitched unnoticeably.

"Good night!" Naruto shouted, smooching Sakura and Sasuke as messily as he could.

"Hhhg" "eWw" they both let out sounds of disgust, wiping at their face dramatically.

In response, each returned the favor to the Uzumaki and each other.

Sakura messed up Sasuke's hair as a bonus. "HAH! Duck's ass for sure" she cackled, chortling further at his unhappy face.

"Shut up, you grandma." He responded.

As the three settled down in their bunks for the night, Naruto broke the silence.

"What'll you guys do when I become Hokage?"

After a moment's pause, Sasuke was the first to answer. "Make you pay for the rebuilding of the Uchiha Compound."

Naruto snorted, and agreed. "What else?"

"..." Sasuke looked at Sakura, before turning back to gaze at the stone ceiling. "Marry?"

The other two snapped their heads to the Uchiha, making him shift in embarrassment.

"The fuck?" "WhAt?"