𝗙𝗲𝗲𝗯𝗹𝗲 𝗯𝗼𝘆

(Chapter has been edited)

TW: swears

Y/N POV

...

I darted after Kasumi, I wasn't going to let the beetle-headed brat beat me to the camp that I single handily set up. The feeble boy didn't do shit to help set up the camp. He was off doing who knows what.

I raced after the (shorter/taller) boy, I was naturally faster then him, but I wasn't familiar with these woods. We just arrived here a few weeks ago and I never gone out this far, I still had a general idea of where the camp was. I just didn't know the fastest route.

But we didn't just come here to race around trees and kill unlucky scouts. We had a plan and a goal, near by there is a small town called melian town. The town itself isn't particularly know for having endless fields of crops or black smiths with the skills to make weapons to kill dragons. This was only just a small town that would last me and Kasumi for the next little while before we escape this stupid kingdom.

Therefore, there was no point in mapping out the woods because we had two nights before we attack the town, pillaging the goods and weapons.

I ran blindly through the wooded maze like a headless chicken, trying to catch up to kasumi. I sorta-kinda remembered the path I took when I chased after the scout, using oddly shaped trees and weirdly placed rocks as landmarks. Although I was faster then Kasumi due to the fact that didn't (have a tail to trip over like- /trip over my tail as often as- ) Kasumi. but Since Kasumi is a nut job, he actually mapped out the area and knew all the best routes to our campsite.

After some blind running finally in the distance I saw the faint orange glow of our campfire. That means that Kasumi left the campsite with the fire still going unsupervised so that it would be easier to find us. Once I beat him in this race i am going to beat his ass.

The closer I got to the campsite, I could see kasumi vaguely off the right, still ahead of me. I started to sprinting with the little energy I had left. I got closer and closer behind him until I was no longer behind him and now infront of him. Once I got ahead of kasumi, I dashed as far ahead I could. he yelled something but I was to far away to hear. I pushed through each step awaiting my victory as I could now see more and more of our campsite.

Then finally I had made it, beating Kasumi and sliding onto the ground, panting out of breath. I laid like a starfish, sprawled out on the dirt floor, resting my aching legs.

A few seconds later kasumi arrived, also out of breath. He'd shot me a look of disbelief, but couldn't say anything while regaining his breath.

"How did you beat me I was just almost there!"
Kasumi barked at me and then walked up too my leg giving it a hard kick.

"OW! Stop pouting! At least I didn't leave the fucking fire burning alone!" I revolted back in only one harsh breath.

"It's fine Y/N nothing happened" kasumi grumbled, crossing his arms and looking away from my disapproving gaze with a scowl.

"Yeah but what if somebody saw the fire and investigated it? Then our entire plan would be foiled!" I sat up and expressed my anger with exaggerated hand gestures.

"Oh, please." Kasumi said doubtfully with a saccade back to my eyes. "They haven't even figured out there's two of us. The closest thing I've seen to them figure out what we even remotely look like is a 'Caution suspected Enderman activity' poster."