Boruto vs. Yoshi

Ruri's POV

Yoshi was bouncing around, more than elated to be first. There was so much energy in him that Sora and I couldn't keep up. Everytime we had boring missions, it didn't bother him. Somehow, he'd muster up the optimism to make it feel like an A-Rank mission. Kankuro once said, if anyone could outdo the Hokage's overly-active spirt, it would be Yoshi.

As everyone began to walk up the steps and onto the balconies to observe, my team lagged behind and so did Boruto's. We all wanted to be supportive of our friends.

"Hey, you got this," I said to the boy and his dog. "No one is as stupid and relentless as you are."

Sora, with his emotionless mask on, added, "if you lose, I get the remote."

He sweat dropped at our words of encouragement, but straightened up, "you two better be watching. I told Beehive this and I'm telling you now Sora. I'll become strong enough, for the both of you!"

For a split second, Sora broke character. He was ultimately dazed by the promise. A promise no one had ever bestowed upon him. Unexpectedly, Sora brought up his fist. A fist pound to seal the luck in.

Yoshi mimicked me from before and tapped his fist with the tips of his fingers. Looks like Yoshi had adopted a new Beehive. My two friends, I'll do everything to not lose them.

"Alright, my smol beans," Tadashi Sensei suddenly interrupted our moment. "Let's head up."

********

Tadashi's POV

As Sora and Ruri walked, I turned to my puppy-like student. Leaning down to his height, I voiced, "I'm proud of you doggo. Now do your best."

Their best was all I ever asked of my students. Despite that, they always gifted me more than just that. I was spoiled as a Sensei. These three had the idea of teamwork instilled in them even before I mentioned it to them. From the moment I gave them their first task, I knew I had three unique students.

"You got it!" he assured me, giving me a thumbs up.

I joined everyone else on the sidelines, peering down at the two Genin. They were both determined and had powerful personalities. Evidently, the two shared an abundance of confidence. Some may say, they're overly confident. Still, there was one thing Boruto had Yoshi did not: proper training.

Yoshi knew how to pick fights. He was stubborn and had a short fuse that triggered his mouth. A born hardworker that had the potential to make his clan proud. Here's the thing, he had no ties with his clan. An estranged Inuzuka. One that didn't learn their jutsu. Boruto, on the other hand did. He had both his parents to teach him how to use his inherited abilities. Half Hyuga, half Uzumaki. Meanwhile, the puppy had to use his natural instincts to figure out what he could and couldn't do. He was learning blindly.

"You're in deep thought," Ruri called me out.

I rubbed the back of my head sheepishly, "nothing gets passed you, Whiskers." I wish these three weren't so observant. Kakashi's students were almost always oblivious to him, according to him atleast. "You three really held your own out there. You've made me so proud, I could cry."

"Please don't, you're enough of a cry baby as it is," Sora sighed. I think I'll go hide in my emo corner. That was another thing Kakashi warned me about; kids are absolute assholes. Blunt, tiny, cute, assholes.

"We missed you too," Ruri said out of the blue. I almost did a doubletake.

When I spoke to their parents about them, Lord Kazekage mentioned Ruri's fear of friendships. That she was afraid of attaching herself to others because of the possibility of losing them. It was a habit that she wasn't growing out of. Hence, her lack of friends. Then, he mentioned that she was affectionate, but she was picky about who received it. Ruri was the most difficult to read, the most difficult to have an impact on because she hesitated and doubted. I finally worked her ice shell off.