Boruto vs. Ruri

I stood with Boruto in one of the many training grounds of the Leaf. Trees surrounded us as we were in the center of a clearing. At first, Boruto wanted to take this showdown in the alley behind the burger shop. I had to object, knowing I'd be in much more trouble than I could possibly already be in. I wasn't dumb enough to put civilians in danger. I started to think, Gaara won't be too keen on me battling the son of not only the Hokage, but one of his best friends.

Yoshi's arm wrapped around my shoulders and he pulls me to the side, "Beehive, you sure about this? I'm not the king of good ideas, but this doesn't seem like a good idea."

"He's right, Ru," Sora muttered, standing in front of us. "Lord Gaara won't be too happy. Plus, that's Lord Hokage's son."

"What? Your whimpy friends tryna to talk you out?!" Boruto shouted from the other side of the field. I could hear Sarada and Mitsuki trying to talk him out aswell.

"On second thought, kick his ass," Yoshi huffed. Hashiro barked in agreement, wagging his tail. "He's getting what's coming to him."

"Show us why you're so worthy," Boruto said.

I looked pass Sora to Boruto. He was smirking at me and I started to realize what this was really about. He believed I would be a challenge. That if I had interected with his father and Sasuke, I had to be worth something. He wanted to test me, see what exactly I was worth. I had made a rival.

It was through that realization I felt something. Excitement? Curiosity? I never was one to show off, but this kid brought me to this interesting experience. Somehow I cared to show him I could beat him.

"I'll make you question your own worth," I say, walking pass Sora who was surprised by my sudden engagement. My team was used to me being indifferent.

"Alright, if this goes wrong, none of you saw me here," Shikadai said. Temari would surely blow a fuse.

"Well, it will be nice to see Boruto get pummeled," Sarada decided.

"You're supposed to be on my side," Boruto snapped to which the girl merely rolled her eyes. 

"This is going to be a sight to see," Mitsuki noted, sitting down on a stone.

"Not too late to back out. We have your back if he objects," Sora whispered to me.

I shook my head, "I got this."

The boy nodded, trusting my decision. He leaned against a tree. Yoshi stood near him, giving me an encouraging nod, "you got this, Beehive!"

The Leaf Ninja settled behind Boruto, watching intently as the Blonde walked up. His fist are clenched at his sides as he sizes me up. My eyes also scanned the boy. If I recalled, he was half Hyuuga. I could see he had most, if not all, of Naruto's features.

"You gonna stare all day?" Boruto asked me. "Or are we doing this?"

"Make your move," I shrugged. He smirked again and his feet started running. At this, I too darted towards him.

He threw three kunai as he ran. I easily ducked, but was surprised to hear a 'poof' sound behind me. My body instinctively turned around, blocking a kick with my forearms. I pushed back, and two more shadow clones lunged at me. I punched one back and grabbed the other by the jack throwing him at Boruto who was behind me. The boy was knocked back, the clone disappearing.

I was impressed. He's able to create shadow clones. It's a Jutsu most Ninja aren't able to use. Gaara had told me of Naruto's ability to create an army off shadow clones. Boruto was back on his feet, dashing right in front of me. He kicked and hit and I dodged and blocked.

"You're fast," he breathed standing a few feet from
me. I was also struggling to keep up with him, being only slightly faster than he was.

He pulled out a kunai and I followed suit. Metal clashed with metal as we resorted to Taijutsu. I was growing tired and I moved a finger, pulling the weapon out of the boy's hand. His eyes grow wide, "How?"

"You don't need to know," I said. It was a simple chakra string. He glared at me, annoyed with my typical vague answer. "Are we done?"

"Not even close," he growled. I turned my kunai stabbing into a shadow clone trying to sneak up on me.

"That won't work," I sighed. My senses were hightened due to my Fuuyu blood. I could hear footsteps and movements, which is why I'm able to react so quickly.

Boruto was growing aggravated. I wasn't sure if it was by my laid back attitude or by my abilities. Either way, he wasn't at all happy. A barrage of shuriken came next and I was deflecting weapons as fast as I could. One kunai grazed my shoulder, cutting through my white shirt and skin. Using chakra strings, I redirected some weapons and he shakily dodged them.

"I managed to cut her," he said to himself.

"It's going to take more than a little blood to take me down," I commented.

"I'm getting tired of your 'I don't care' attitude," he scolded. "Who are you really?"

"You haven't won yet, what's with the questions?" I asked, folding my arms. I ignored the voices of my teammates and his. I focused on him and this battle only.

"See, you think you're better than me," he snapped.

"I'm not," I admitted much to his surprise. "But I don't plan on losing. Not to you or anybody."

"That's funny," he muttered. A determined expression set onto his face. "Because you're nothing..."

He ran once again and so did I. I knew how this was going to go. Atleast I thought that I did. His hand is in a fist and I planned to punch as well. But he didn't commit to throwing his fist. Instead he grabbed my shoulder and jumped behind me. I turned my head around to see him in the air.

My body twisted around and this time it was my eyes that widened. A small ball of blue was in his hand. It was small, but I didn't dare to underestimate what that unfamiliar power could do. He was inching towards me, but without my permission a small force appeared in front of me. The same force that appeared in the Land of Snow when I was at odds with Mayumi.

I didn't know how to make it go away. I had no idea how strong the colision between the two powers could be and I didn't want to find out. I internally panicked, waiting for the blast to go off, but it never came.

Instead, sand came between Boruto's blue mass and my protective force. It was at the very last minute. The sand absorbed the attack and the force around me went away. It was as if it held trust in the sand, deciding it was no threat at all.

My breathing was ragged and Boruto was staring at me with a glare. I wasn't sure why he was so annoyed by my pressence. But his anger was even more than that of Moeru's.

Then a stern, raspy voice rang, "Ruri."

Shit.

Hey guys, I changed the time tense that I'm writing this story in. I hope it doesn't throw anyone off.
Anyways, thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed reading!

Vote.Comment. Have a lovely day!