Intel

Yoshi walked beside me, hands resting on his head, going through the town. Tadashi had split us up into two groups; Yoshi and me, Tadashi and Sora.

"You ever been in a bar before?" Yoshi asked out of the blue.

I rose a questioning brow at him, "No. Why the hell would I ever go to a bar?"

"Before you came to Suna, y'know? I would think you've been on crazy adventures." Yoshi commented. I never told Yoshi anything about my past, mostly because I don't like talking about it.

"Well, I've gotten myself into crazy places." I admitted, "But a bar isn't one of them."

We began to make our way to the front entrace of an old bar. Laugher and hollering was emerging from it's walls. Hashiro backed away as Yoshi placed his hand on his nose. "Ugh, it reeks in there." His eyes became red, the smell of alcohol mixed with who knows what else, burning his nose. Due to me being a Fuyu I could understand his reaction tobthe smell, but my sense of smell wasn't as strong as Yoshi's for it to actually bother me.

He pulled up the collar of his shit, holding it to cover his nose. "Stay by the entrance, Hashiro. Anything goes down and I'll call you."

"You sure, you'll be fine?" I asked, looking over my shoulder as I placed my hand on the handle of one of the double doors.

"Yeah, my shirt makes it somewhat bearable." He assured me, gesturing with his hand for me to go in. And so we did.

People began to stare at us, some suspiciously, others curiously. "And what do we have here?" Some guy stood up, a beer bottle in hand. "Two little kids. Go home, you're too young." People snickered, not taking either of us seriously.

"We're not interested in getting drunk." I scoffed, crossing my arms over my chest. Another man, seeming more intelligent than the last approach us. He wore a mean look, but it didn't phase us.

"Now what are two Sand ninja doing here?" He rose a brow at us, he was suspicious and something told me we ran into the right person to ask about Kazou.

"You know where we can find a man named Kazou Abe?" Yoshi inquired. Because of the collar over his nose, he was given a odd look, but I could tell the man was taken aback.

"No" He answered, wearing a clueless facade.

"Do you know where we can find a man named Kazoe Abe?" I repeated Yoshi's question, not letting him off the hook so easily.

"Look you little brats, I said 'no', so if you know what's good for you, move along." He roughly push me with his finger, earning a fierce glare from Yoshi. I took this opportunity to grab the man finger, and twist it in my hand but not to the point of breaking. He let out a yelp from both pain and surprise.

"We'll move along when you tell us the truth." I glared into his furious eyes. "If you know what's good for you, don't piss us off." He rose his other hand, about to throw a punch. I swiftly took a kunai from my weapons pouch, ducking underneath his arm and kneeing him in the stomach. My attack was fueled with chakra, causing a greater impact.

Once he doubled over, I pulled the kunai toward his neck, but he managed to catch my wrist and turned me so that my hand was holding a kunai to my own neck.

He remain knelt at my own height, still recovering from the blow to his stomach. I dropped the kunai, kicking it away and smirked. He was just an average man, whose strength allowed him to throw around a couple of punches. Another kunai was held against his throat.

"How?" He was baffled, noticing that Yoshi was still in front of him.

"Let her go." The blonded demanded, dangerously narrow his eyes at him. "You hurt her and I won't hesitate to do worst to you." At the blonde's threat he, let go of his grasp on me. I stood next to Yoshi to see another 'Yoshi' holding a kunai to the man's neck. It was Hashiro, transformed as him. The disguised dog's sharp teeth were bared, he struggled due to the intense smell everywhere.

"We know you aren't afraid of Kazou, and that your more than likely not some innocent villager either." Yoshi stated, "So where can we find him?"

He let out an irritated sigh of defeat, "He uses
an abandoned house as a hideout atleast three miles outside of the town."

"Welp," Yoshi smiled, popping the 'p', "Thank you for your cooperation." With that Hashiro morphed back into his real identity, kunai in mouth.

"Now lets get the hell out of her before my nose starts to bleed." Then we left, leaving a shocked man and a bunch of baffled villagers behind.

"You even scared me back there." He told me, recalling to my words and glares towards our source of information. I smirked at him. Yoshi had a way of transitioning from mission mode to normal mode. He's usually rambunctious and cheerful, but during missions he transforms into a fierce and serious opponent.

" '...I won't hesitate to do worst to you.' '' I quoted.

"He should'nt have set a finger on you in the first place." He shrugged, closing his eyes and breathing in the clean, fresh air. "Let's just get back to Tadashi-sensei and Sora."

So, here's a quick Ruri and Yoshi along with Hashiro chapter before anything goes down. Hope you enjoyed reading because I love writing about this little duo.

Anyways thanks for reading! Vote, Comment, and Have a Genuinely amazing day!