Chapter four

Hunters PoV:

We've been on the farm for a week or so now and I'm itching to leave. The place just isn't secure for a permanent settlement. And oh merlin are Shane and Lori driving me up the wall. Shane is absolutely off his rocker and Lori is the biggest bitch imaginable.

I knew that if I left then the Dixon brothers would definitely come with me and Rick would probably consider it. Lori and Shane on the other hand would never let the group come with me.

The thing is, Daryl, Merle and I are the only ones who are any good at tracking. Rick is very good at hunting as his father taught him when he was younger, but he's not the best at tracking. So if the Dixon's and I left then the group would be fucked because they wouldn't have any means of getting food.

Then again though, I probably wouldn't care for most of them starving because only a few of them are actually great full. People like Rick, Carol, Sophia, Glenn and T-Dog. The others like Shane, Lori, Andrea and Carl aren't. Carl is a little brat at the moment, always running off and either nearly getting himself killed or someone else.

He also follows most of the men around like a lost duckling, I get that he wants to be helpful but he's more of a hindrance than anything. He hasn't got the muscle to drive a knife through a walkers head, or the guts to kill another living being if they are threatening him. Of course in time he will but he's pretty useless at the moment. Give him a year or so and he'll be great but for now he needs to stay out of it like Sophia.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Third PoV:

When the group found out about the walkers, Shane went crazy and tore the door open, forcing the group to kill the walkers. Hunter was internally pleased as he did not want the group (the ones he liked) to be sleeping near a barn full of the monsters. Luckily the group had been trained by Shane and Rick on how to shoot unless they already knew.

Inevitably, all the gunfire drew walkers and the farm was overrun. The group had to flee back to the highway and group up again. In the haste to get away, they lost a few members. Otis, Dale and Patrica were all bitten, Andrea vanished and nobody had a clue as to where she could possibly be and finally, Shane attempted to murder Rick, his own best friend but failed miserably due to the latter outsmarting him. Hunter found them before Carl could and shot Shane in the head before he could hurt Rick as a walker.

Rick and he then found Carl, Carol, Sophia and the Dixon brothers. Hunter told the brothers to get out of there on Merle's motorcycle, whilst Rick takes Carl and one of the Peletier's as there was only room for three due to the bags. He then said he'd take the other female on the back of his own motorcycle. Surprisingly, Sophia asked her mum if she could ride with Hunter and Carol agreed, knowing her daughter was safe with the reserved teen.

Hunter told her to get on the back and hold on tight as they rode away. She compiled, wrapping her slim arms around his defined torso and resting her feet against the side of the bike as they sped off out of the overrun field.

After safely arriving on the highway, the found that everyone else was already there waiting for them to arrive. Once they regrouped, they informed everyone of who had been lost. The group was now down to 15 people, two of who were kids, one an old man and one pregnant. That left 10 to properly defend the group. And only 4 of them had years of experience in fighting (Daryl, Rick, Merle, Hunter). Luckily, Glenn, T-Dog, Carol, Beth and Maggie weren't too bad with a gun.

They spent months and months on the road, close to 8 actually until the group could hardly move anymore due to hunger and the cold/harsh winter  weather. Daryl had found a ridiculous poncho to keep him warm (Hunter actually thought it looked rather cool but nobody agreed with him) but the rest of the group didn't have anything other than some thin hoodies.