Chapter 6

Third POV:

The next morning, Rick tells the group that he and a few others are going to scope out the other cell blocks and tomb-like hallways.

In the end, Rick, Glenn, Daryl, Merle, Maggie, T-Dog, Hershel and Hunter volunteer to go. Leaving behind the the women, Sophia and Carl.

As they travel through the blooded halls, Glenn spray paints white arrows on the walls so they can find their way back.

Rick and Hunter are in the front of the group, with Merle and Daryl taking the back. They do use their guns because they're inside and it won't draw any walkers from outside the prison. Of course it attracts the ones inside but they can shoot them down with ease.

After a while though, more and more start appearing and the group gets overwhelmed. Maggie and Glenn get split up form the rest of the group whilst the others find a small room to hide in.

"Shit, we need to go back for them," Hunter whispered.

"Which way did they go?" Hershel whispered back.

"Not sure...okay how about the Dixon's and Rick go left and you, me and T-Dog go left?" Hunter replied.

Everyone nodded in agreement and quickly slipped outside the metal door. As they were trekking through the gore filled corridors, a walker grabbed Hershel's leg, causing him to cry out.

Just before he could be bitten, Hunter drove his scythes blade through the walkers head. His head snapped up to look at the older man.

"You good? Didn't get ya did it?"

Hershel shook his head and stuttered out, "n-no, thank you for saving me."

"Damn that was close," t-dog muttered.

Just then the rest of the group came running round the corner, Maggie and Glenn in tow.

"What happened? I heard you shout, daddy! Are you okay?" Maggie asked her father.

"Yeah I'm fine, a walker just grabbed my leg but Hunter killed it before it could bite me."

Maggie threw herself at the teen and hugged him tightly, rambling out numerous thank yous. After she was finished, the group continued making their way through the building, in search of either the canteen or infirmary.

When they finally found the canteen, they were being chased by yet another horde of walkers, so T-Dog, Merle and Daryl held the doors shut.

"Okay everyone search for some food," Rick instructed the group.

"Guys, there's people over there," Hunter mumbled, so only the group could hear him.

Everyone followed his gaze to see a group of prisoners. There were 5 of them, all staring at the group.

"Holy shit," the short blonde prisoner said, eyes wide at the sight of the blood covered people.

>>>>>>>>end of chapter>>>>>>>