Chapter 14

Third pov:

The group had long grown accustomed to Hunter's coming and goings from the prison and no longer questioned it or even asked to come along. They knew he could protect himself, probably easier than any of them. The only person who ever invited themselves along was Luna and that was because she knew him so well and knew that if she was to go along with him, to not keep nagging him and getting in the way. Plus, she too was magical and so she didn't have to depend on him to keep her safe if they got overwhelmed or trapped, for they could just apparate back to the prison at will.

The Dixons did eventually warm up to her and even enjoyed her uniqueness, they could often be found humouring her with stories of their past and even listening to her own fascinating ones, some including Hunter and her family. It made Hunter feel bittersweet when she spoke of Xenophilius Lovegood and occasionally their old friends (Neville, Ron, Hermione etc...). He hadn't thought of them in a long time and it felt nice just to sit down and reflect on his time on the planet of Earth and remember his fallen friends. The thought of them no longer made him feel sad but rather he felt happiness from the memories he made with them. It was the same with people from his other lives too, not just his original.

There were countless siblings, parents, family members, pets and friends from other lives that he missed too. Such as the time where he'd been a pureblood in the 1860s, he'd been born into the Nott family that time and had been named Henry Nott. He'd been born a twin, with his sibling being a brother only four minutes older than he, who was named Hector. They had been identical and so very close, all the way up until Hector's untimely and extremely tragic death. He'd fallen into the lake near their villa when they were on holiday in Greece and drowned before anyone could rescue him. He'd only been 15.

His leg had gotten trapped underneath a fallen rock and he'd been unable to move it, having left his wand inside the villa. But before anyone could reach him, he'd run out of air and drowned. When Henry (Hunter) had finally managed to retrieve him, he was long dead.

Ever since Hector's death, Hunter was wary of open water and liked to avoid it as much as he could. He didn't mind a dip in a swimming pool that had safety precautions but a river, lake or the ocean was a big no. It just brought back to many bad memories.

He wondered if Luna's previous lives had been similar...

>>>>>>end of chapter>>>>>>>