Chapter 9

So Mahiru's dead. Let's see where we go from here.

3rd POV

Kazuichi: H-Hey Hajime.

Hajime: Y-Yeah?

Kazuitchy: The day started so well.....we were gonna go to the beach.....we were gonna laugh...and have fun......HOW DID THINGS TURN OUT LIKE THIS?!?

Hajime didn't have an answer, for he was just as confused as his simpy friend. The silence continued until....

Ibuki: Huh? Ibuki heard a noise, what's.........ABLUBLUBLUBLUBLUBLUB!

Ibuki foamed at the mouth from what she witnessed Mahiru's corpse. Peko, Mikan, Sonia, Chiaki, and Akane followed soon after.

Akane: Wh-What's going on here!

Mikan: Aaah! Wh-Why is M-Mahiru?

Sonia: Wh-What happened?

Chiaki: Wait! Stop! Be careful not to step over here.

Peko: Why?

Chiaki: There are footprints here. They might be important clues. See?

Chiaki pointed to the 2 trails of footprints near the entrance. 

Sonia: A c-clue? So this is really....

Hajime: You heard the announcement.

Mikan: S-So it happened again.....

Monokuma: That's right! One of you bastards killed her.

Fizzy drink: Are you sure? M-Maybe it's an accident...

Monokuma: An accident huh? But isn't an accident also considered murder? So.... even if it's an accident, I'll still count it as murder. The only death I'll accept is by disease. But that's where Mikan helps. And if she's the victim of a disease, then my bratty sister, Monomi will be there to help you with that.

Monomi appeared on cue with nothing but silence.

Monokuma: Ah, speak of the hare. That is what they say right?

The silence continues.

Monokuma: Gah! The silent treatment, my weakness........ No! I will not give in to bullying! I promised Papakuma I'd be strong!

Monomi finally spoke

Monomi: Boohoohoo! It's a tragedy! A nightmare!.....Now we have another victim....All because of Monokuma!

Monokuma: Huh? It's not all my fault. Huh? Who's fault it is you ask? Why do you think I'm holding these trials?!? So you can find out. Speaking of which, I need to give you all this! The Monokuma file 2: Electric Boogaloo, baby!

Monokuma cheered as he left.

Monomi: Boohoo! This is all too cruel.

Sharkbait: Then why don't you stop it? Don't you have the power to do it?

Monomi: I did.....until.....he showed up.

Chiaki: Even if she tried, he'd stop her. I mean, look at their relationship.

Monomi: He took everything from me.....I really am useless.

Peko: True.

Monomi left saddened.

Mikan: D-Do we h-have to do it again?

Peko: It's truly unacceptable that one of us killed Mahiru.

Kazuichi: I'm t-tired of all this. Trials and Investigations are scary.

Hajime: I feel the same way, but we have no choice! I....I want to know how she died.