Chapter 5

Hajime POV

I just stood there as screams and shouts of everyone behind me rushed through the room. I was staring at the body of my former friend.

Sonia: Bya.....kuya? Why is Byakuya?

Mahiru: N-No. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Nekomaru: WHAAAAAT IIIIISSS THIIIIIISSS?!!!!!

Teruteru: GYAAAAAAAAAH!

Soda: Th-That's impossible... You're joking with us, right?

Ibuki: This isn't real blood, right? Is this jam? C-Cause if n-not th-then... A-blub-blub-blub-blub!

Monokuma appeared

Monokuma: Good gracious, things took a turn for the worst. My, My, now this is interesting. On a tropical paradise like Jabberwock Island, the first murder has taken place!

Hajime: M-Murder?

Nagito: Th-Then this means...

Monokuma: Byakuya was murdered by one of you! He was most likely sacrificed by someone who really wanted to get off of this island.

Hajime: L-Lies. It's all lies! You're lying that he was murdered!

The moment I screamed that word, a thick, muddy despair swelled within my body. Which means that I have accepted that one of us murdered Byakuya. I heard the voice of Peko and Chiaki right after.

Peko: Wh-What is this? I-Is that really Byakuya?

Chiaki: Why? Why did this happen?

Monokuma: I see, I see.... It appears Fuyuhiko and Diablo aren't here. So in the spirit of keeping everyone on the same page.....

Diablo POV

DING DONG DONG DING

Monokuma: A body has been discovered! Now then, after a certain amount of time has passed, the class trial will begin!

Diablo: A body? Class trial?

Craig: Has it finally happen? I wonder who it is... 200 monocoins it's Byakuya.

Diablo: Why him?

Craig: Death flag system. It's a thing people who has the right mindset use instead of getting attached to their competitors.

Back to Hajime POV

Monokuma punched Monomi after a confusing comedy routine.

Monokuma: In the spirit of lovey death and dovey deception, let's begin the investigation. Good luck!

Monokuma vanished, leaving those of us who were greif stricken alone and confused.

Mahiru: Wh-What does this mean? I don't understand this at all.

Peko: A search for Byakuya's killer. Why did it turn out like this? 

Monomi: Um... You can't doubt each other, you're all friends.

Hiyoko: But Mr. Ham Hands got killed, right? And if we don't find who killed him, we'll get killed too, right?

Sonia: That being said, I can't abide by this! I finally made friends, and now I have to suspect them?

Hiyoko: Seriously? Did you not listen at all? It doesn't if you can abide by this or not, we have to do this to survive!

Monomi: Nooo! Friends doubting friends is a no no!

Pink Kirishima: Argh! Shut up! Go away you useless junk!

Monomi: Ha wa wa! Threats are scary!

Hajime: Do... we really have to do it?