1. Warzone

Their adventure started in Europe. It was meant to expand from there but it didn't. They found a quaint little town with a nice hotel and spent most of their days either out and about or at the hotel sleeping together.

One day they were in the bath together, bubbles floating all around them. That was when Elijah first called. She smiled and answered him, having had such a nice three weeks with Lily that she wasn't all that mad at Elijah anymore. "You mean to tell me, after all these years, Marcel is alive and well?" She asked after Elijah had explained that Marcel was in New Orleans. He, not having perished like they all previously thought. When the young Marcel died it devastated Lily almost as much as Niklaus and Rebekah.

    "Quite. Our brother seems to have wandered into a war zone," Elijah explained as Rebekah downed the last of her wine. "And I haven't been able to find him. Marcel, who Klaus sired and brought up beneath his own wing, now rules a menagerie of savage vampires running wild, killing in public for any human to come upon. Witches are held in subjugation. I doubt Nicklaus had any idea what he was walking into."

"Sorry, what was that? I stopped paying attention at 'Our brother'-" Rebekah said with boredom dripping from her words.

"Rebekah-" Elijah was about to scold her.

"Our hateful, traitorous bastard of a brother who's negated any sympathy I once had for him by his repeated efforts to ensure that neither you, nor I, know happiness outside of his own selfish universe." She spat through the phone, almost sounding sad by the end. Lily, who was lying on Rebekah's chest reached her hand up and gently stroked the side of Rebekah's face, smiling up at her.

"Always and forever, Rebekah. That is what we once swore to each other." Elijah reminded her sternly.

"Consider this me calling take-backs," Rebekah replied with snark.

'"Oh, you've called take-backs dozens of times over the centuries, and yet when our father when our father found us and chased us from this very city-" Elijah started to remind her and she cut him once again.

"I may be old, Elijah, but I'm hardly senile. I know very well I stuck with Klaus, and not three years later, he stuck a silver dagger in my chest and sent me into a magical slumber for ninety years. Do you know why? Because I had the audacity to try and live my life on my own without him."

"Enough. I believe our brother is in trouble. So whatever is going on between Marcel and the witches, it's dire enough that they'd risk bringing and Original back to town. The witches have lured him here. I'd like to know why." Elijah abruptly hung up the phone in hopes that it would peak his sisters interest. It didn't.

Rebekah simply sat her phone on the small table next to the bathtub and continued to sip her champagne. After a moment of pause, Lily leaned off of Rebekah and turned over to better face her. Rebekah scoffed and smiled as a blush rose on her cheeks. "We said this was going to be relaxing and nothing more. It was the rule!" She laughed out as Lilith ran her fingers delicately along Rebekah's arms and up to her neck and then her cheeks.

"Why yes, Rebekah. Of course. It's just that..." She trailed off for a moment, letting her fingers glide down Rebekah's arm once again, "Rules are made to be broken." With that Lilith quickly captured Rebekah's lips with her own. Rebekah immediately melted into the kiss. Lilith had just started to deepen the kiss when her phone started to ring.

Lilith groaned and started to pull away but Rebekah put her hand on the back of Lily's head. "No, let it go to voicemail," She said breathlessly.

They kissed again but Lily quickly pulled back, "It's Elijah's ringtone." Rebekah sighed and let go. Leaned back against the now cold, porcelain of the bathtub. Lily sighed and leaned up to grab her cell phone. She quickly hit the small green button and answered him. "Hello, Elijah. Glad that after months of radio silence you can finally talk with me again. Want to tell me what I did to cause this lack of conversation from you?"