7. Impossible

They were hiding in the shadows. Careful to avoid prying eyes. Marcel was having one of his little fight nights and the Originals were trying to go unnoticed.

       "Must we make a big fuss? This is rather entertaining!" Lilith slurred.

       Elijah laughed, "Lilith, you are drunk. Are you not?"

       The question was clearly rhetorical but it didn't matter. She was going to answer anyway. "Indeed I am, Elijah. What's your point?"

       "A child's cartoon would amuse you right now." He sighed. Lilith shrugged but most definitely thought he was right.

      Then Klaus was next to them again. Elijah looked at him quickly. He nodded and Lilith groaned.

      "You up for this, Luv?" Klaus asked with a smirk.

       She groaned again, "Mock me again and I'll rip your tongue from your mouth."

     He laughed and made a hissing noise as to mock a cat and therefore Lilith. She almost smacked him but Elijah caught her wrist. "For Hayley, will you two behave?"

      Lily scoffed. "Why would we? You're the one in love with her, not us."

      Klaus stifled a laugh and Elijah sighed. "Are we good to go?" He asked his brother. Klaus having strategically put a hand over his mouth to hide his smile, only nodded.

      Lilith sighed and then a minute they all vamped to the middle of the circle and killed the girl. Well, they didn't all kill the girl; Lilith killed the girl. She then looked up and smiled Marcel.

      The cheering stopped and the room was silent. "Oh, wow, this is awkward... um, are we interrupting something?"

      Klaus then walked out next to her. "Good evening. I'd like a word."

       "What do you think you're doing?" Marcel asked with annoyance.

       Elijah then made himself known. "It appears that we've interrupted a collection of filthy amateurs." Everyone moved to let him through. He then looked directly at Marcel, which he hadn't done much since their falling out when he was a boy. "We've come here for the girl. Give her to us, or... we kill everyone here. Starting with you."

      "Obviously excluding ourselves!" Lilith added quickly.

      Both brothers sighed. Klaus took a step closer to her. "You are so much less sharp when you're drunk."

      She smirked. "Less sharp, but not less hot."

      "Was that a question?" He asked.

      "No, but I won't stop you from answering it." She said simply.

      "When you two are done, maybe we could get back to business," Elijah said loudly.

      They both looked up and smiled innocently. "Of course." They said together.

      Lilith gasped and turned to face him. She motioned between her head and his with wide eyes. She was clearly implying that they were using telepathy or something, but she just looked stupid. He only laughed at her and she frowned, feeling suddenly insulted.

       "You three got a lot of nerve coming into my home and making demands." Marcel pointed out.

      "Your home, is it?" Klaus asked.

      "It wasn't always like that, now, was it?" Lilith asked with an innocent smile.

      "The girl," Elijah announced once more. "I will not ask again."