3. War

"I cannot believe you disposed of those vampires without me. You know how I love to set things on fire." Rebekah whined. Lilith laughed as she leaned against the doorway with a book of her creating. A book of all the small acts of kindness she had seen from people she didn't think were capable of being kind. It started as a cheesy thing she made many years ago. But now, she constantly adds to it and reads it when she's feeling down or when she needs a reminder that certain people are good people.

    "Was I supposed to leave them in the front yard to rot?" Klaus asked sarcastically. "Besides, they were my responsibility. They attacked the helpless, pregnant girl who's carrying my child."

    Rebekah clicked her teeth as she faked awe. "Oh, I am so moved by your newfound sense of fatherly duty towards the werewolf carrying your hybrid bun in her oven."

    Klaus actually laughed out loud at that, as did Lilith. Just then, said werewolf oven walked in carrying Elijah's diary. "The werewolf would like to know what the plan is."

    "Well, that depends what plan you mean, Luv. My plan for global domination, Lilith's plan to get into everyone's trousers, or Rebekah's plans to find love in a cruel, cruel world?" Klaus smiled at the both of them.

    Rebekah hummed prettily with a fake smile before using her vampire speed to throw a pencil at Nik. He caught it before it hit him with a slow smile. Lilith then used her speed to take the pencil from Klaus and shove it through his hand. He winced lightly, ripped it out, and threw it on the ground angrily. Lilith smiled at him and winked before walking over and standing next to Rebekah. She opened her book and started read pages dedicated to Elijah.

    "The plan to rescue Elijah, you know- the good brother, the one who is now in the possession of your mortal enemy after you stabbed him in the back." Hayley hissed.

    "In the front, if we're being specific." He corrected cheekily.

    "You three said that you would get him back. So is there a plan, or what?" Hayley asked as they all shared a look.

    "Okay," He sighed and walked into the next room over, causing them all to follow him as he sat at a table. "Well, firstly, Marcel is not my mortal enemy. He's my friend, albeit one, who is unaware that I am trying to sabotage his hold over the supernatural community of the French Quarter, but a friend nonetheless. And secondly, I daggered Elijah in order to gain Marcel's trust. If I had known he would place my brother in the hands of a particularly nasty teenage witch, I certainly would have weighed my options a bit differently, and thirdly, sister, please." He waved for the blonde to explain.

    "And thirdly, the plan, as you have demanded, is for Niklaus to simply ask Marcel for Elijah back." She explained simply.

    Hayley seemed very confused and shocked by the simplicity of this plan. She looked at Klaus for confirmation and he shrugged with a hidden smile. "That's not the whole plan, is it?"

    Lilith laughed, "Oh, please. Klaus may be a miserable excuse for a brother to his siblings, but there is none more diabolical."

    "Well, that's only the plan 'A', Luv. There's always a plan 'B'." Klaus said slyly.

    "And what's plan 'B'?" Hayley asked, although, it didn't seem like she wanted to know.

    Klaus smirked, "War."

———

Klaus was off, scheming with Marcel and hopefully asking for Elijah back. Lilith was sitting on the counter in the kitchen, still reading her book.

    'Kol let me tag along with him to the Grill. He often likes to go alone. But he invited me.'

    'Elijah let me sit with him while he journaled.'