9. Mostly an A/N but still a chapter

Klaus was making some grand gesture and standing at the head of the table. Lilith sat in the seat closest to him, across from Marcel. Klaus hit his fork against the side of his glass and drew everyone's attention. "Let us begin with a toast to our shared gift; immortality." Every vampire at the table looked tired and annoyed, especially Diego. "After a thousand years, one might expect life to be less keenly felt, for its beauties and its sorrows to diminish with time, but as vampires, we feel more deeply than humans could possibly imagine-" he used two fingers to wave over a few humans who went between every vampire at his command, "-insatiable need, exquisite pain..." as he spoke the humans up their sleeves to expose their wrists and then, with no hesitation, the slit into them with a small knife. They poured their blood into glasses sat in front of each vampire.

Lilith looked up at Klaus with puppy dog eyes. He knew what she was asking and sighed before nodding. She smiled and then grabbed one wrist of the girl next to her and drank it herself, no need for a cup in Lilith's rule book.

"Our victories," he continued and now looked to Marcel, "and our defeats." Marcel looked up at him, thinking for a moment about what to do. "To my city, my home again." Lilith likely would have corrected him and made him say 'our' but she was a little preoccupied. "May the blood never cease to flow."

Marcel then raised his glass as well, plastering on a smile. "And the party never end."

Lilith looked up immediately. She knew Marcel, and this was entirely out of character. She then looked to Klaus. He was smiling too. Diego looked almost as confused as Lilith did. He then lifted his glass as well, "To New Orleans."

Klaus smiled a bit more, "To New Orleans."

Every vampire there besides Lilith repeated it back, "New Orleans."

"I understand that some of you may have questions regarding the recent change in leadership, and I invited you here tonight to assure you that you are not defeated. No. My intentions moving forward are to celebrate what we have, what Marcel, in fact, took..." he walked over and put a hand on Marcel's shoulder, "and built into this; a true community of vampires."

Diego pointed back at Hayley. "What about her, the wolf?"

Lilith immediately dropped the girl's wrist and vamped next to Hayley in a flash. She shot a petty smile Diego's way. She then looked back to Klaus, telling him to continue. "Had you let me finish, Diego, you would know that there is, of course, one further matter I would like to address." He walked back to where Hayley and Lilith were. "As many of you know, the girl is carrying my child. Consequently, I trust you will all pay her the appropriate respect. However, I understand that some of you are concerned by this vicious rumor that I intend to use the blood of our child-" He put a hand on Hayley's shoulder, which almost made her mist out her drink, "to create hybrids." The vampires at the table who didn't know seemed uneasy. "I assure you, I do not."

"Father of the year," Hayley said with snark.

Klaus then got an idea. He quickly walked back to the head of the table. "It appears I will have to earn your trust. Very well. We'll eliminate the root of your anxiety. You see, how can I sire any hybrids if there are no more werewolves alive in the bayou to turn?"

"What?" Hayley muttered. "Klaus, no." Hayley started to stand. Lilith frowned, this was Hayley's only reason for being in New Orleans in the first place, and he was just going to kill them off? Fucked up.

"So eat, drink, and be merry, and tomorrow I suggest you have yourselves a little wolf hunt. Go ahead. Have fun. Kill them all."

A/N: There are some episodes that I think would be no fun for you to read. This is one of them. So, to sum it up, Klaus is as big-headed as ever. Very alpha male. Marcel found out that Cami was a spy all along. Rebekah and Elijah go on a rescue mission to get Hayley out of Klaus' hold. She turns them away and instead sends them to help her wolf pals. They do just that and find out that a large number of new wolves are coming to town because of the magical miracle baby. The humans called a meeting. They kill a bunch of vampires as retaliation for Klaus' neglect to follow their rules. Klaus and Marcel become thick as thieves once again and kill the human faction besides Kieran. Klaus meets Davina for the first. Klaus moves Davina closer. Hayley tells Davina the witch she was so afraid of is dead. Davina makes a run for it. Klaus tries to compel Cami to leave but Davina shuts that down quickly. Elijah finds out these new wolves in town are related to Klaus. Klaus finds refuge for these new wolves in a church, secretly. Klaus invites his brother and sister to come back to their family home with him, forgiven at long last.