Diagon Alley

I'm 11 and I hope to go to Hogwarts, but Sirius is worried for my safety. Hopefully I can convince him. He's told me many stories from when he was at Hogwarts,many stories about my Father. He's also told me about my brother. I've never seen him before.

I really want to go to Hogwarts to meet him. I've been alone most of my life, well of course I have Sirius but it's not the same as having someone my own age that I can relate to. After many days of trying I've convinced Sirius to let me go.

We are off to get supplies but since he can't be seen he sends me with Remus, I see Remus a lot he's like another father to me. He is over most of the time, and whenever Sirius can't do something with me whether it's in public or if he's busy Remus will take his place. But anyway we are off to Diagon Alley. We go through the Leaky Cauldron. I've been to the Leaky Cauldron before with Remus but only a few times.

We head to the back and we see a brick wall, his wand went 3 up and 2 across on the brick pattern, and he tapped it 3 times with his wand. After he did the bricks began to move and formed an archway to a large alley crowded with stores and pubs. I looked at my list.

HOGWARTS SCHOOL OF WITCHCRAFT AND WIZARDRY

Uniform

First Year Students will require:

Three sets of plain work robes (black)

One plain pointed hat (black) for day wear

One pair of protective gloves (dragon hide or similar)

One winter cloak (black, silver fastenings)

Please note that all pupils' clothes should carry name tags

Set Books

All students should have a copy of each of the following:

The Standard Book of Spells (Grade 1) by Miranda Goshawk

A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot

Magical Theory by Adalbert Waffling

A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration by Emeric Switch

One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi by Phyllida Spore

Magical Drafts and Potions by Arsenius Jigger

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander

The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection by Quentin Trimble

Other Equipment

1 wand

1 cauldron(pewter, standard size 2)

1 set glass or crystal phials

1 telescope

1 set brass scales

Students may also bring an owl OR a cat OR a toad

PARENTS ARE REMINDED THAT FIRST-YEARS ARE NOT ALLOWED THEIR OWN BROOMSTICKS

I read the list aloud to Remus. He sent me to Ollivander's to get a wand. While he got all of my books he told me not to leave Ollivander's until he came. I went inside. It was a small place but everything fit perfectly.

An old man with disheveled hair came to the front and greeted me. He gave me a wand to try. "Apple wood with a Dragon heartstring core" He said. I flicked it in my hand and it knocked over a pile of papers. "Sorry," I said, giving the wand back to him. He put the wand back and he gave me another one this time it was a Pine wood with a Unicorn hair. I gave it a swish and it knocked a full 3 shelves of wands over. I placed the wand on the counter carefully. "No, no, no"He said, then went to search for another one.

This time he took a bit of time to search, he pulled out a beautiful wand with lovely engravings. It was a Chestnut wood with a unicorn hair core. I gave it a whirl and a light shined upon me. "That's the one," he told me. I smiled, "Thank you." I paid him for the wand. A few minutes later Remus came and escorted me to get me fitted in my robes.

There I see two boys, a pale one with platinum blonde hair and one with dark brown hair and bluish green eyes, they were having a discussion about quidditch the dark haired boy seemed to be lost the blonde boy kept asking questions but it seemed like the dark haired boy seemed not to know anything about the subject, I would have kept listening but I was escorted off to be fitted by a middle aged witch and the dark haired boy was escorted off by Madame Malkin.

My fitting was finished after about 30 minutes. It was very boring in Madame Malkin's shop but I needed robes if I wanted to go to Hogwarts so I had to deal with the not so fun. After my fitting we went off to get my other equipment like my telescope and cauldron. Once we finished all of our mandatory shopping Remus said that Sirius would allow me to buy an owl for a late birthday gift and so I could write to him and Remus. I was very excited, I started thinking of names as we were walking to the pet shop. We got to the pet shop and we looked at all the owls they had, I decided to choose this one that was a cream colored barn owl.

He was still a baby so he wasn't as big as the rest but he was large enough to deliver letters to Sirius and Remus. Remus asked me what I would name him, I wasn't quite sure. I had to think about it. Now that all our shopping was done we headed home back to Number 12 Grimmauld Place. I showed Sirius my brand new wand and my owl. He was smiling. It was lovely seeing Sirius happy. I went to my room and brought my things with me. I was looking at my owl deciding what to name him. As I was in deep thought I heard a knock on my door. It was Remus he brought but a trunk for me to pack all of my things for school in. He suggested I start packing for it already August 30th I would have to leave in 2 days. I started packing all of my things.

I packed all of my school things, my robes, my books, my quills and parchment, cauldron and other things. I also packed my normal clothes for the weekend and casual days. I finish packing and I pack some personal things like my diary and a picture of my mum and dad, some jewelry, my toiletries, a few muggle board games and cards, a few pairs of shoes, and my dress shoes for school. My diary, I haven't really written too much in there. My life is quite boring. I don't see too many people besides Sirius, Remus and some of their friends and of course Kreacher. Kreacher knows me quite well. He's quite nice to me but I'm not his favorite. His favorite master is Miss Bella, Bellatrix, she's Sirius' cousin but she's in Azkaban for killing muggles and muggleborns in support of Voldemort.

The Black family has a history of evil and Being in Slytherin house but Sirius changed the century long history of Slytherins. He was a Gryffindor. I hope to be a Gryffindor as well but he said it would be alright if I was in another house. It's almost time for dinner. I head down the stairs, I say hello to all the house elf heads on the wall. It's quite cruel but they're also like my friends. I see Sirius at the table waiting for me. Kreacher had already served food. It's a nice lamb chop. Sirius talks to me about Hogwarts and the train. It all sounds fun and I'm very excited.

I finish dinner and I kiss Sirius on the cheek before I head up to my bedroom. I see my owl watching me as I come back to look at him. It came to me, "Leonardo! That's who you are," I say to him, "you're Leonardo and Leo for short." I run down the stairs and I find Sirius. I tell him the name I decided and he approves. "I think Leonardo is a fine name for an owl." He says to me. I head back to my room and look around. Tomorrow would be my last day home and then Hogwarts! I was so excited but it was bittersweet. What would Sirius do without me I was pretty much his life but then again he had his own business to mind, but I would still miss him and his life wouldn't be the same. Although I will be home for the Christmas holiday. I was tired so I decided to change into my blue satin nightgown and head to bed. I climbed into my bed and shut off the lights.