Cedric Diggory, a Promise, and a Letter

I woke up, face to face with George and he was looking at me. I smile and I play with his hair running my fingers through it and twirling it around my pointer finger. He laughs and grabs my left hand which is near my face. He plays with my fingers running his fingers through mine. We didn't speak for a while, we were just enjoying this moment, until I finally spoke. "George..." I begin but before I can finish George kisses me. I'm a bit shocked but it's what I had been dreaming of. We kissed for about thirty seconds. I could feel my cheeks becoming more and more pink each second he kept looking at me. I sat up and looked at the clock. It was 7:00, I slept in! "George!" I exclaim. "It's 7:00 already!" I jolt up and run to my dorm. I quickly get dressed into my robes and brush my teeth. I begin to walk out of the bathroom but I catch a glimpse of my hair. It's not too bad but there's a knot in it. I brush it out as fast as I can and grab my book bag. I sling it over my shoulder and quickly run down the stairs. I wait for George. I look at the clock. It's 7:06 thank Merlin, I would not be late. George comes running down the stairs, "Shall we?" I ask. "We shall." He says taking my hand.

We walk down to the Great Hall, I see Hermione, Harry and Ron. I wave with my free, Ron and Harry look absolutely shocked and so did Hermione but her shock was more like, 'Omg, I can't believe it eeeee!' and not 'What in the name of Merlin?!' like Ron and Harry. I sat next across from Harry and Ron. "What in the name of Merlin, Y/N/N?!" Ron exclaimed. "Y/N/N, what was that?" Harry asked me with very grave concern. "The thing is I'm not sure! I just...I just don't really know." "Y/N/N, that's my brother." Ron said in a stern tone. He sounded like Percy. Don't do it Y/N. Don't be a people-pleaser. I couldn't, do what makes you happy Y/N. I caught the look on Ron's face, I couldn't do it. I couldn't stand Ron being mad at me. "Sorry," I say quietly. I grab a muffin and grab my bookbag. I ran out to the courtyard and sat under a tree furthest away from the Great Hall on the farthest end of the courtyard. My eyes welled with tears as I ate my muffin.

I couldn't believe I'd done it again. Why did I do this, why am I this way. I was angry at myself but then my mind fell to something else. I remembered what Hermione said last night about the trap door the three headed dog was standing on. What was it guarding? This item must have been valuable or dangerous. Or both. I was in deep thought when someone walked up to me. I expected it to be Hermione or Harry, maybe even Ron or George. It wasn't any of them, it was a boy with light brown hair, he was wearing Hufflepuff robes, he was pretty handsome. I then realized who it was; it was that boy Cedric Diggory whom Hermione fancied. "Oh...hi." I say wiping my face. "Are you alright? I saw you storm out of the Great Hall," He said, he stuck out his hand for me to shake, "I'm Cedric...Cedric Diggory." "I'm Y/N Potter." I say shaking his hand. I let go of his hand. "And I'm alright." I respond. "If you don't mind me asking, what happened?" "Oh um it's nothing, I just got into an argument with my friend." I stand up and say, "Well, I better get going, it was nice meeting you Cedric." "It was nice meeting you, Y/N, I'll see you around." I came in and began walking to class when Hermione came up to me, she handed me a letter and said, "Leo brought this in the mail. Y/N/N, are you alright?" "Yeah Mione, I'm fine. Thanks." I replied and looked at the letter. It's from Sirius. I stop walking to read it.

Dear Y/N/N,

Snivellus was something your Dad, Remus, and I used to call Professor Snape back in our days at Hogwarts. Tell Harry I'm so proud of him, I think you should try out for chaser if you really want. You would be great, you never know you could be a star player. Also you can call me Papa, Y/N/N I'm just so grateful your Dad gave me you. You're definitely the best thing that has happened to me, watching you grow as a great young witch makes me so proud, your Dad would be just as proud, maybe even more. I love you more than you'll ever know, my little Fizzing Whizzbee. I'll be awaiting your next letter.

- Love, Your Papa

I was in tears at reading his last few sentences. I clutched the letter to my chest, I wiped my tears away and took a few deep breaths. I folded the letter up and put it in my bag. I walk to my class.