Chapter 25:

Cold, it was so cold. Gaia shivered as she stared into Rafe's eyes. They were guarded, unwavering. Nicola was going to kill him. There was nothing she could do. She felt helpless. Watching Nicola as he laughed and taunted Rafe. A tear rolled down her cheek. Rafe's gaze fell to the floor seeing her pain. Sal chuckled, "Awe look at how far the mighty Raffeale Ricci has fallen. All because he fell in love with a girl. A worthless, pathetic, sheltered orphan."
Gaia glared at Sal, hatred rolling in her gut for the man she had trusted as a confidant. Her thoughts were cut short as Nicola approached her and removed her bonds, pulling her to her feet and into his arms, she tried to shove him away but found it to be impossible. Her body was weak, standing was difficult, let alone trying to get away from the man who was set on touching her. But still she attempted to shove away from his chest. Digging her nails into his chest in a vain attempt to flea his embrace. She grimaced as he trailed his hands along her back and cupped her bum in his palm. The man chuckled and looked at Rafe, "Thank you for gifting me such a beautiful wife dear Nephew."
Rafe saw red, his body shook in anger as he stared at Nicola touching his precious Gaia, "You bastard! Dad should have killed you when he took over the familia! You were a traitorous bastard then yet he still held compassion for you."
"Maybe so. But was I not the rightful heir? After all I was the son of the woman Marco married. He was the son of a girlfriend that never held the title of mafia queen."
Rafe growled lowly, "Because your bitch of a mother killed her!"
Nicola smirked, "Funny isn't it? Seems that history will repeat itself. I get the girl after killing the boyfriend. Kind of poetic. "  Nicola raised his pistol and pointed it directly at Rafe's head.
He smiled viciously as Rafe snarled out, "Damn you to hell you bastard!"
A sudden thunderous bang followed by a earth quaking rumble shook the group, dust rained down from above and the power flickered a few times before shutting off completely. The smell of smoke invaded their nostrils. Coughing Nicola screamed, "What the hell was that Sal?"
"Not sure sir. I believe though we may be under attack." Sal answered from the other side of the darkened room.
Gaia felt Nicola let go of her and she fell to the floor weakly. His voice boomed out through the thick air, "Sal the warehouse is on fire. Leave them here."
She heard hurried footsteps fading away and the click of a door before Rafe's voice broke her pattern of thought.
"Gaia, baby? Where are you?" He called out.
She heard him shuffling around, unsure of direction. Her throat was so dry but she rasped out, "Rafe help me!"

**Authors note: sorry for the delay and short chapter. Been struggling with writers block! **