Epilogue:

Gaia glared out the window of her bedroom, the cool of the morning coated the landscape in a glistening white sheen. Rafe rustled around the room behind her as he pulled on his trousers. They'd been waiting patiently for almost a year for news of Nicola's location but the rat had remained elusive. Gaia would not give up the hunt no matter what Rafe said, she was determined to eradicate Nicola and his entire family from the Mafia map.
"Mia piccola rosa, your pretty face should not be so drawn in anger. Come, we will have breakfast and then we meet with Phillip." Rafe murmured in her ear as he came up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist.
A small smile tugged at her lips as his lips skimmed her neck, "Rafe, behave yourself my love. We will not make it to see Phillip if you continue."
Chuckling Rafe softly growled, "I would be more than happy to skip the meeting and please you instead."
Gaia shook her head and pulled away, putting on a half hearted attempt at a stern face she pointed to the door, "Let's go mister!"

Phillip's face broke into a huge grin as Gaia and Rafe walked into the conference room some time later. He was quick to jump from his chair and pull one out for Gaia before he turned to shake Rafe's hand, "How are my two best friends?"
Gaia smiled softly, "We are well Phillip, and you?"
"Never better sweetheart." He answered with a huge smile.
Rafe chuckled, "What has you so cheery?"
Phillip pulled photos from a folder in front of him, "We have visual on our target my friends. He's hiding in America. Florida to be exact."
Rafe looked toward Gaia, waiting for her to speak. Her eyes were on the photo of Nicola, hatred blazed in her eyes. Her expression darkened and she looked.up at the two men, "Do not let him escape. I want the next flight to the location on these photos. I will kill him."
Rafe glanced at Phillip and nodded his head before he looked back at Gaia and spoke sternly, "We will take care of him babe, but first we will prepare."
Gaia smiled, she was finally going to end the man who made her nights long and restless. This time she would be the cat and he was the mouse.

"I'm coming for you Nicola.."

-Coming soon the sequel: For the love of Gaia-
07-3-2021- First chapter is up of Sequel.