Febuwhump day 23: "don't look"

Day 23.

Peter was laying on a gurney in the medbay as doctors bustled around him. He was panting and pain was burning through him like a phantom flame. Tears were running down his face.

He had been on patrol when his web had snapped mid swing and he had fallen to the ground his leg snapping in the process.

Tony had arrived with a med team almost immediately after Peter called him. Peter had been driven off by an ambulance back to the tower where Dr. Cho had come with a portable x-ray to get a better look at Peter's leg to make sure it didn't already heal.

"Don't look kid. You will only stress yourself more. I've got you."

"Mr. Stark please it hurts."

"They are getting you anesthetic kid and then you won't feel anything."

"Okay Tony. Please stay with me. I don't want to be alone."

The nurses come rushing back in with a needle and then Peter suddenly feels nothing.

A few hours later Peter wakes up and he is in less pain. He looks over and sees Tony on a plastic chair by his bed.

"Hey kid how are you feeling?"

"Better. Still hurts a little."

"That is to be expected. You had a pretty bad break there in your leg."

"Okay. Tired."

"Go back to sleep. I will be here when you wake up."

"Okay."

Peter finally rests easy. Or does he?

Done with another one. Also just finished City of Heavenly Fire and I am sobbing. I am not okay.

Thanks for reading
Asya Esenia Romanova-Barnes