CH IX

"I'm sorry, Lyon," I said. I quickly left the room as He grabbed my hand.

"Take a chance on me, please?" Then he let go of your hand. You left the studio.

Halfway home, I looked up at the sky that turned dark blue at some point. Heavy, warm, big drops, they drench me in seconds, like an overturned bucket from the sky dumping just on my head. I took a deep breath and exhaled shortly, "Such a cliché." 

"Crying in the rain. No one sees your tears and your pain gets washed away." 

I recalled the moments when we were small; It feels like the world belongs to us only. Ever since we got separated, many things had already changed. It felt like everything crumble away. However, all those times were, eventually, endurable since we had each other. I met a lot of new people and so is Luka. The choices are getting larger for both of us. Probably I was too blind to my surroundings because I only thought about Luka but I never see Lyon that way either. 

You finally coming back to sense after realizing the rain didn't touch you anymore. You look back and saw Marinette shading you with her umbrella.
"(Y/N) why were you standing in the rain alone? Come to my house, it's nearby" She grabbed me and brought me into her house.

You went into her bakery, greet her parents, and she brought you into her room while she goes to grab a towel for me, leaving me alone to wander around. Her room is full of Adrien Agreste photos. "Oh right, she has a crush on him."

Then you wander around her desk and thought She has exceptional talent in fashion design; you saw her rough sketch, unfinished clothing on her mannequin. she also doing well in class."wow".No wonder why Luka really likes this girl. 

"(Y/N)?" Marinette looked at you. "AH... it's not like what you think" sHe tried to hide Adrien's photo while looking flustered. Her smile looked so awkward while speaking that way. Thus, I couldn't help but show a grin. "I know you like him, Mari. It's all over your face." I nudged her elbow.

"You like him don't you?" I asked once more. She immediately surrenders "yes" and it makes me laugh. she was so cute. "So, what makes you like him?"

"He was kind, charming, handsome. Especially when he offered me his umbrella." She is in her own world now. you can't help by giggling at her. Then she asked, "How about you (Y/N)?" 

"I like Luka" I replied. the room became silent as I observed her reaction.

"uh... em..." She stutters. She recalls that moment when Luka declares his love to her, you were there as well.

"It's alright Mari, I respect his choices anyway. As a best friend should do." Once again I give a weak smile to her.

Marinette remains silent and pulled me into a hug. " I know how it hurts (Y/N)... I know"

"You're really amazing girl Mari, Please don't feel bad about it. We can't control whom we love." I patted her back. 

Suddenly there is smoke creeping from all over the direction. So, Both of you go up to the balcony to found out where the smoke came from. Then you spot a villain with flames all over her body. The rain turns into a drought in a flash.

"Let the flames begin!" She screamed. You seem to recognize her voice somewhere else. A supervillain with fire all over her body.

The supervillain then caught you out of the corner of her eyes. She charged you at a quick pace to attack. You dropped to your knees. Chat comes and blocks her attack, make her flinch away from you.

"you've got bad flare day today. What with the fuss?" Chatnoir said

"You're in my way Chat Noir!!!" She shouted. She shot some fires from her right feet.