Chapter Twenty Two - Wash It All Away

"Chaps, what happened?" Lena asks me urgently. I shake my head, pushing my wet hair out of my face.

A better question to ask is what didn't happen.

"Lena, I don't want to talk about it." I retort. More specifically, I don't want to talk about how just a moment ago, all these feelings I've been denying for the past couple of weeks just completely took control. I kissed my enemy, the one I detested to the point I perceived as no return. And the fact I liked it. The fact that means I must like him. No longer simply crushing. I like him. I hate that it makes me jealous, delirious, completely lacking in common sense. I hate that I've let my emotions rule me, because I like him, and that isn't what Hendrix does. Hendrix does sex and hate-ships. 

She grabs my hand, pulling me towards a corridor with a stern look on her face. "Chaps, you have to tell me." She urges.

I pull my hand from her rather viciously and shake my head. "No, I don't Lena! Just like you and Collins don't need to tell me about your secret relationship. Just like how Nat doesn't need to tell us every detail about what's going on with her!" Lena steps backwards, her face flashing with hurt. "Look, I'm sorry. Just not now, okay?" I grab her quick, planting a kiss to her cheek in the hope it'll heal the wound my harsh tone has just inflicted. "Go have fun. I'm going home. I'll text you."

"Charlie you can't leave!" She exclaims, reaching for me again. I pull myself from her range and smile at her.

"I don't want to be here. I'll text you." I tell her, then I leave before she can argue. Because she will, that's Lena, and I don't want to argue with her, otherwise I'll say things I don't mean. That's me. I lash out and damage relationships because I'm stubborn and aggressive. Whatever me and Hendrix were, it's damaged now, and I don't want to wreck my friendship with Lena.

I escape the house which quickly turns to feeling completely suffocating and claustrophobic, hurrying across the grass front, my heels sinking slightly in the mud before I reach the pavement. Call it pathetic fallacy or just plain bad luck, but it only goes and starts fucking raining too.

Three for three, just as I pull my phone out to call a taxi, I drop it on the concrete, not bothering to withhold my scream of frustration when I watch the screen shatter before my eyes. So, naturally, I decide to strop like a child, sitting on the wall with my broken phone in my hand, letting the rain water wash the alcohol from my hair, the makeup from my face, and the fake blood from my costume which now, I don't mind admitting, was completely shit.

What has my life become? Six months ago, I had a boyfriend, an arch-enemy, and a simple group of friends.

Now, I have an ex and his girlfriend stalking me for atonement. I have an enemy who I completely despise, but somehow seem to have a thing for too. I have a group of friends that are all keeping secrets and I have a fucking smashed up phone.

Oh, and a stupid robot baby that has paternal favouritism. Joy.

Eventually, I start to shiver, completely wet through from the rain, from my hair right to my underwear. I don't doubt that tomorrow I'll be ill, bed ridden with flu. Still, I don't even think I've got the motivation to move. I might just stay here and hope I melt like the wicked witch in the Wizard of Oz. At least that way, I'll be able to escape all my problems.

Speaking of: "Osborne!" I roll my eyes but stay sat, deciding that even if I find the energy to move, he's certainly going to be able catch up. "What the fuck are you doing?" He snaps at me. I look at him with a bored expression.

"Taking a shower." He meets me with a dead pan look, brushing his wet hair from his forehead with a hand. "What are you doing here Hendrix?"

"Lena; she said you stormed off. Look, it genuinely was an accident." I scoff and stand up so that we're face to face. Or at least, as close to as possible, considering he's a fair bit taller than me.