Chapter Thirty Two - Bearing All

"Me and Jack are sitting with you guys today." Elijah says from over my shoulder, his warm breath fanning the shell of my ear. I roll my eyes and slam my locker shut – the lingering smell of fish locked away for another day. Honestly, maybe I'm paranoid, but I'm sure it still smells completely putrid. And the culprit is right behind me, his chest pressed to my back.

He's becoming ignorant to these rules we set in place when it comes to school. He assures me that it's because he just wants to come clean but considering that he very subtly squeezes my butt every other minute, I think it's more because he can't keep himself away.

I seem to have that effect on people.

"Says who?" I mumble, turning to face him with a deadpan expression.

His eyes glint with mischief and I nearly smile. "Daddy." He grins.

I roll my eyes and shove him slightly in the shoulder, but his hand is quick to find the waistband of my jeans and hold me still. "We've been over this Hendrix – continue calling yourself 'daddy' and I'll be forced to silence you with a baseball bat."

"Save the kink for the bedroom babe." He mutters, his fingers tracing over the skin on my lower back, finding their way under my jeans. "Which brings me to my next point. I've been dying to get balls dee-"

I shove him away, hard, when I see Lena and Collins on their way over, his arm around her waist. They've come out and declared themselves official now, and the smile has left neither of their faces. It's unbelievably cute. "Hey guys, what's up?" She grins, her eyes flitting from Hendrix to me, who I can assure you, is very flustered.

"Nothing; just talking about the project." I answer quickly before Elijah can conjure up an alternative response. I let my hair fall in front of my face in a poor attempt to hide my blush. It's unbelievable, isn't it? After hating him for so long, now he has the ability to make me blush from just a few crass words. "Speaking of, he's going to have to join us at lunch today. We're pretty behind." I add, causing Elijah to smirk, with arrogance I might add.

"That's cool. I bet you guys will be glad when it's all done, huh?" She goes on to say, pushing my hair behind my shoulders for me. Not helping Lena.

"Oh yeah," Elijah replies, throwing a casual arm over my shoulders. "Every day, this girl leaves me so frustrated that I can't think straight." He gleams down at me and I scowl, my lips rolled into a fine line before I ram my elbow into his side.

"You frustrate me." I grumble.

"Do I?" He says in a low voice, igniting suspicious glances from Lena and Collins.

"Move, dickwad." I snap, tugging him with us as we continue to our first lesson. He drops his arm with an unmoveable grin, while I roll my eyes and march ahead slightly. "Lena, did Nat text you?" I ask her.

She hums and nods. "Yep. Do you know what it's about?" She says.

"No clue, but it must be a big deal if we've got to go to hers." I sigh. I've been stumped on what Nat wants to tell us but come to no conclusion. She's a renowned gossip so it really could be anything from something one of her clients has said, to her neighbours dog being pregnant again. To invite us to her house though, that's new. Gossiping for Nat is usually an over the phone thing, at a push, over a Burger King at the shopping centre, but never a home visit.

"You're going to Nat's tonight?" Elijah asks me, tugging slightly on my sleeve.

"Yeah, after school." I tell him.

"When will you be back? Aren't you coming over?" Ha. Who's a sucker now? Then I realise, with his weird puppy eyes which are only little bit cute and his stupid pouty lips which are only a little bit kissable, this sounds absolutely ludicrous to those around us who think we still cannot stand one another.