Chapter Twenty Three - Kissing Conundrum

If it weren't for Ellie, I'd totally be truanting right now.

I haven't spoken to my friends, to Hendrix, to anyone really, since Friday night. I've stayed in my room, cuddled up to a fake baby, indulging in fatty foods to make myself feel better.

It hasn't worked. I still feel completely shitty. Hellbent on trying to understand why Hendrix and I kissed, why I enjoyed it, why I was such a dick to him after, and why I feel so guilty for all of that.

Because logic stands. You don't kiss your enemies. You certainly don't crush on your enemies. And I'm certain that I'm doing both.

I've decided I'm going to be mature. Be clean and open with my friends, explain what happened and then confront Elijah about it too. Have him clear up these blurred lines between us. Set clear boundaries in our relationships. No more turning up to the others house in tears (my fault), no more cuddling sleepovers (my fault), and certainly no more kissing (90% his fault, though I'm willing to consider my part in that 10% my fault).

It hasn't stopped raining since the weekend, but considering it's now November, I don't expect much more. It'll quick be sleet, then snow, and then I really will be a bundle of fucking joy. Please, register the sarcasm.

I walk into school with a face like thunder. Ellie is against my chest, held in place by my zip up hoodie. Perhaps not the most practical method, but it works like a charm. My hood is over my head and I'm very aware of the looks I'm getting. I'm not surprised. No doubt they expect me to be on a murderous rampage like I usually am on a Monday, but today, au contraire.

I've come into school ten minutes early, hoping to catch Seb, Collins and Lena in the common area. I owe Lena an apology too. I was pretty bitchy. Whatever happened to my zen?

As I expect, they're all sat at one of the tables, their eyes simultaneously lifting to me as I walk, no, stomp in. I throw my bag on the floor, slump into a seat and tear off a section of Seb's protein bar. "We kissed." I say bluntly. They all stare at me as though I'm seconds away from detonating. "Now get over it."

Apparently, Seb doesn't understand that term of phrase, and questions me. "You kissed who?"

I scoff and pull the hood further over my head. "Fucking Robert Downey Junior." I snap at him sarcastically. "Hendrix! Who else." I whisper frantically.

He makes and 'o' with his mouth and nods. "Did you like it?" He asks, wiggling his brows suggestively.

I shrug. "It's kissing. Obviously I liked it." I huff. I'm sure Seb smirks.

"Well, I know you wouldn't like kissing me." He jokes. I scowl and then, immaturely, I decide to prove him wrong.

I reach over the table and slam my lips into his for no longer than three seconds. Actually, it was hardly a kiss. More like a head butt. I pull away and wipe my mouth, pulling an odd look at Seb who seems to be looking past me.

I turn around and see Hendrix looking at us both. He nods once and then goes to sit at the other side of the room with Jack. I groan and slap my face with my hands. I've just made this a billion times worse. Well done Charlotte. What happened to not being impulsive?

I stand and kick my bag under the table. "You're a shit kisser Sebastian Walker." I retort lamely before I trudge towards Hendrix. I hear Seb laugh along with Collins, but I'm not really listening. "Hendrix." I say shortly once I reach him. He looks up at me with a blank expression.

"What?" He says.

"We need to talk." I tell him, casting a fleeting glance to his table where a number of his friends are looking at me. "Morning Jack." I add, nodding at the blonde haired boy. He smiles at me with a jerk of his head in return.