Chapter 9: The Kitten and the Chunin Exams! Part 2! (EDITED)

A/N

Edit (7/10/18): I fixed a lot of things so it matches up with Shippuden, however most of the original writing is still here. I'm also getting rid of all of the author's notes in the beginning and ending of the stories. Thanks for reading <3

———————

Silence...

That's all that was lingering in the air. For Koneko, the same line just kept repeating... and repeating. Over and over again.

"Koneko, you're in possession of the man-made tailed beast and you're fully in control of it as well."

But, it seems the more taunting words seemed haunted her mind." Possession..... tailed beast.....control....."

Then, an ear piercing scream overcame the silence, "AHHHHHH!!!!!" Koneko screamed, holding her head as she collapsed on her knees, "No....NO.....NO! IT'S NOT POSSIBLE!"

Itachi watched the scene unfold in front of him, watching his student collapse. He slowly trudged his way to the distressed girl. As he reached her, he kneeled down and pulled her head into his chest, carefully petting her head in an assuring way.Koneko sobbed in his chest, staining his Akatsuki cloak with tears in the process. Itachi just kept petting her head and whispered reassuring things in her ear, "its ok. Its alright" he repeated over and over again.

"W-Why?" He heard Koneko's muffled question, "Why is it with me? Why am I in control of it? Just...why?" Itachi sighed and buried his face in her hair, "I don't know... I'm sorry."

"Itachi?"

"Yeah."

"Orochimaru is in Konoha, right?"

"Yes..." Koneko bolted up, getting ready to run off, "Here." Itachi dropped a charm bracelet in her hand.

She stared at it, remembering the time she last had it, "The Uchiha Massacre... I lost it in my mother's house." Itachi nodded, "So.. you found it?"

"Misaki-San was going to resize it, but..." he paused, knowing that she knew what was coming up, "He gave it to me as a last memento to give back to you, but I never had the chance"

Koneko bowed in thanks and dashed through the village while biting her thumb with her sharp canines, "Summoning jutsu." a poof of smoke appeared and revealed to be a special summoning.

"Pakkun, I need you to sniff out either Sasuke, Naruto, or Sakura." Koneko ordered.

Pakkun gave her a look, "I need something to track one of them down."Koneko thought, 'When was the last time one of them gave me something?'

She pulled out a crinkled piece of paper, an empty test, "I have Naruto's test from the Chunin Exam. It's a day old but the scent should be there." She flattened it out and look at it, "I ended up taking it because I wanted to try to solve these myself, but they didn't have any extras."

Pakkun shook his head, "Of course you would steal a test. No matter! I'll find them!"

~Koneko's POV~

I ran through the Forest of Death, constantly getting hit by the branches and leaves. I got tired of it and swung my Executioner's Blade, making the branches fall loudly. So much for stealth.Pakkun stopped and I put my blade away, "What's wrong?" I whispered.

Pakkun nodded his head towards a team of two that was taking another team's scroll. The boy growled, "It's the wrong one." And he burnt it...without any handsigns? I raised an eyebrow, 'That takes an advance level. Not for a genin becoming a chunin. perhaps a Kekkei Genkai?'I stepped from outside the shadows, "That seems a little advanced, ya think?"