𝘾𝘼𝙉'𝙏 𝙁𝘼𝙇𝙇 𝙁𝙊𝙍 𝙔𝙊𝙐

-

SHIP : JIKOOK
GENRE : DRAMA/ FLUFF

-

[ Jungkook's pov ]

As a youth, I figured the stupidest folks on Earth had to be those who adored someone unhinderedly. What use was there in cherishing somebody if they couldn't respond in kind?

Ah yes, as dumb as can be - that's me.

The name's Jeon Jungkook and somehow I wound up enthralled with an individual I had no business fixation over. Who is it you inquire?

-FLASHBACK-

Our mothers were the closest of associates since childhood, doing everything together and marrying around the same period. I was born a year after my mom's bestie's son which made me one year younger than him. We went to elementary school and middle- school together but never got along very well; he was the ideal, obedient and handsome one and I was quite the not-so-good looking opposite of that.

I would constantly ignore him and never really conversed with him. Even yet, our mothers made us work as a team. I chose to ignore him because I didn't want that and, surprisingly, he never questioned it or voiced any complaints. I suppose he really was the good kid.

Years went by with no improvement in our relationship, and I continued to feel this way, no matter how much I tried I was not into the good kids. Until, one evening my mother received a call from the hospital, these were our middle school times. The son of my mom's best friend was sobbing uncontrollably outside the medical room, she sprinted over to him, hugging him to calm him down, I had never before seen him cry let alot sob like that.

That evening, when their son was spending time with his aunt, both of his parents were involved in a serious vehicle accident that claimed the lives of the couple. Jimin was just eleven at the time, and I can still clearly recall seeing him outside the room sobbing uncontrollably while clutching a Ryan plush toy.

After that, I don't recall much, until one day my mother returned home with Jimin hiding behind her. I was asked, " Jungkook, would you like for Jiminie to be your little brother? " as she smiled at me.

I didn't say anything but instead nodded as I peered at the boy who was hidden behind her. Although that wasn't at all like me, I just wanted to be friendly and inviting because the me who was at the hospital that day, silently taking in the view felt guilty about not comforting him.

-YEARS LATER-

Even though the two boys shared a home and went to the same schools, there was still an awkward air between them. No one tried to start a conversation, so they just stayed in touch to each other for the purposes of discussing food and school requirements.

The young man would catch himself laughing about the elder's awkwardness or how he would blush at the compliments his mother would give him; it was only recently that Jimin started addressing her as mom, which made her sob like a baby. Jungkook would always glance at the male from time to time, perhaps much more than that, to the point where he was aware of the smallest habits of the male.

On the other hand, Jungkook wasn't sure how he felt about it; perhaps because the young man had begun to feel some sentiments for him without even realising it, he had conflicting thoughts between wanting to spoil and cherish him and not wanting to be considered as a brother.

-

Jungkook would purposely pretend to sleep in just so the older can come and wake him up, wake up Jungkook, you're going to be late for school. Jimin would state almost everyday, knocking at the younger's door, which somehow made his mornings way better.