𝘿𝙀𝘾𝘼𝙇𝘾𝙊𝙈𝘼𝙉𝙄𝘼 ᵖᵗ¹

This is the continuation of Jack in the box but it's more of a dive into the second couple (it might better make sense if you had read the previous story.)

SHIP : VHOPE
GENRE : ROMANCE / FANTASY-ISH

[Hoseok's pov:]

"Rare one huh?" What a lie that is.
It's not like I had a choice being the "Best friend" that I was, I had to live up to my name and give him some hope. Though in all honesty every ounce of me wishes for him to crawl back to me. Unfortunately, it's nothing more than a fantasy that will forever remain isolated in my mind.

It might seem as though it was me who rejected the idea of "us" that was lingering in his mind, but believe me it was the other way around. Yoongi was the one who had actually rejected me first, time and time again; his tongue had never spoken to me with the same intensity and emotion as it had for him, and his eyes had never stared at me in the same way that they had at Jungkook. How in the world did that brat accomplish it in such a short amount of time? That will be a wonder to me, considering I have been trying here for about ten years.

"I even made that bitch ass brat breakfast, the devil urge in me to feed him something awful was painful, but I resisted somehow." I say to Jay walking with me to the company.

-

"JAY"

WHY DO I EVEN SEE AND TALK TO HIM WHEN HE DOESN'T EVEN EXSISTS IN REAL LIFE.

-

Even way before Yoongi and I met maybe when I was seven or maybe six? I honestly have no idea how old I was but old enough to be ignored apparently and it was when I witnessed the death of my best friend at the time "JAY". It's just a blurry memory of pure chaos, adults talking and me feeling numb, that's all I remember from that time.

I don't know why I see him now, he is in his adult form and really handsome I must say, he could've been a model if only he was real. I can't really control the times when he appears, he'll just suddenly be there and then the other second he'll be gone without a warning.

I never questioned it before, somehow felt comfortable with his presence, talking to him, sometimes just walking with him and not saying anything. As time went by all of it became normal, well until Yoongi noticed, made a scene, and wept until he succeeded in sending me to a psychologist, but he too as time went by just gave up and let me be.

Well-Imayormaynothademotionallyblackmailedhim.

I'm aware Jay isn't real and is just a product of my imagination, I know it's not healthy and I'm just destroying my mental health further by thinking that he exsists, but I can't help it- I'm addicted to him at this point, he's my safe space, my comfort person. He has his own timings, I can't just make him appear whenever I want too, sometimes when I randomly have breakdowns I want him to come, I even call for him like a maniac but he won't appear.

IT'S SO WEIRD HOW HE HAS HIS OWN TIMINGS.

One more thing about me is that I'm fake, this happy and positive aura of mine is nothing but a lie and is kind of like a separate personality I've created to please people. I don't even what others to like me but then again I transition into this being that I'm obviously not whenever I'm around any human species.