TWENTY-ONE ◇ Dire Wolf

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE DIRE WOLF

SHIROU OGAMI AS DIRE WOLF

Look! It's the faceclaim reveal of Juno's stalker from the previous chapter (y'al can find out Dire Wolf's real name later on). I think he's handsome, which is a shame because he's kind of an antagonist. *remembers Cobra* But maybe...

◆ ◇ ◇

◇ ◆ ◇

◇ ◆ ◇

— YEARS AGO, UNSPECIFIED —

"Have you seen my papa around? I can't find him anywhere," Juno asked, looking hopefully up at yet another of her father's guildmates. She'd been asking around for what felt to her like hours with no luck.

It pained them to hear the little girl's question, and it pained them all even more to inform her that no, no they didn't know where her father was. Even if they did know, it was likely they wouldn't tell her anyway; Ivan Dreyar gave off bad vibes and barely concealed it around his own children to the point his guildmates would keep very watchful eyes on Laxus and Juno. They still hated, however, having to watch Juno's bright, glittering eyes dim little by little each time she received a somber shake of their head. The poor kid looked like a kicked puppy with every reply.

Trudging home, Juno kicked a pebble off the street and into the river that cut through Magnolia. She barely watched as the tiny stone broke the water's surface with a sploosh! and created a wave of ripples. "We were 'posed to have dinner all together tonight," she mumbled to herself. "Papa, Laxus, me, and gramps. An' afterwards Laxus an' me would make cookies and decorate them too... papa promised."

In the moment Juno found herself ready to give up on the dinner plans she'd been so excited about, she realized she wasn't ready to. Instead, her eyes lit up once more with the type of great idea that came with an imaginary lightbulb coming to life above her head. 

"Guide me, lead me, please help me to find my papa," Juno whispered, her eyes closed in concentration and her hands clasped together as if in prayer. It wasn't an actual spell incantation, but Juno always found her magic flowing easier if she talked to it. Laxus found it weird, but he also liked to call her out for a lot of 'weird' habits, so she didn't think too hard about it. 

Her chest warmed and her skin tingled with the familiar sensation of the golden glitter magic blossomed along her skin. It traveled down her arms and spilled from her palms in the form of a small trickle akin to sand dribbling in an hourglass. Juno giggled as her magic tickled her before shooting forward, creating a trail for the girl to follow. 

The glitter lead Juno to one of the small bars at the far edges of Magnolia, close to the forests but still the furthest point from where Porlyusica made her home. She had to pause before stepping any closer, her grandfather warned her about this area of town, the only place she wasn't allowed to wander through without supervision. However she was looking for her papa, and Juno had faith her magic would be there to protect her, or at the very least allow her enough time to escape and find help should the need arise.