ELEVEN ◇ Belladonna Town

CHAPTER 11 ◇ BELLADONNA TOWN

// Remember how I said, "Juno's gonna meet two—technically three—special someones that I absolutely adore"? Yeah, I think I may have made a teeny tiny plot error. Oops?

◆ ◇ ◇

◇ ◆ ◇

◇ ◆ ◇

THE GUILD WATCHED IN PURE BEWILDERMENT AS JUNO SPRINTED OUT OF THE GUILD HALL. It had been a sudden act that they weren't expecting. But if the scrunched up flyer in her hand was any indication, she was taking a job. A critical one from the looks of it.

"Wha— Hey, Juno! Where're you going?!" Gray shouted after her, trying to chase after the blonde.

Juno spared a brief glance over her shoulder to see the worry in his eyes and Cana's as well. "Don't worry about me! Turns out I didn't fully complete my last job!"

"Didn't finish you last— Juno, you crazy sparkle head, you over completed that job!" Cana shouted after her friend who only threw her head back, laughing.

And just like that, she became nothing more than a glittering speck in the distance.

"Do you know what her last job was?" Gray asked the brunette, turning to meet her gaze, but Cana kept her eyes glued to where Juno had been. 

She nodded, "Yeah, a small remote town plagued by a monster of some kind. When she got there and got rid of it, most of the houses had already been destroyed though." 

"Let me guess, she offered to help them." Gray realized with a knowing sigh.

Cana nodded again, recalling what Juno had described. "Mhmm. In order to prevent any travelers from being attacked too, the town cut off trade routes. Junie stayed longer to help with repairs."

"I'm worried one of these days, her kind heart and selfless nature will do her more harm than good." Gray admitted as Cana took a swig of her drink.

"That'll be the day." The card mage mused. "Juno is Fairy Tail's beacon of hope. You and I gotta make sure her light stays forever bright."

"Damn straight." 

"Gray, your clothes." Cana reminded him, snorting into her drink when the ice mage freaked out.

Meanwhile, Juno hastily scrambled through her and Laxus' shared apartment. Clothes and supplies were shoved into a duffle bag that she slung over her shoulder before bolting out the door, sprinting in the direction of Magnolia Station.

Her destination? Belladonna Town.

Built on the light side of a waterfall, the town of Belladonna originated as the home to traditional hunters and non-magic users. Over the years, however, magic integrated into the town and became a well-practiced tool for the hunters who established a guild. The town's name, according to their history, had been the surname of a local hero when the hunters and their family were first setting down their roots.